2nd Test; Australia v Pakistan @ Adelaide Over (D/N) November 29-December 3

iluvparis

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Mate when you take the piss out of something, you generally try and take it out of something that exists, or has been said.

no one said they’ve been brave. With the ball particularly they have been the opposite of it.

No one said ‘something different might have happened.’ I have literally stated 4 times now that nothing would have changed if the circumstances were different.

no one has said that they are moral winners. They’ve been smashed.
So what exactly your point is, I haven’t a clue.

the following are facts:

their bowlers didn’t get a new ball under lights. The only way you could blame them for that is if they control the weather. They do not.

their top order had to face a new ball under lights. The only way you could blame them for that, is if the top order is also their bowling attack that took 5 sessions to take 3 wickets. They are not the bowling attack.

The top order then batted a second time - under lights against a new ball. Again, not their ‘fault’ - just circumstances. Yes you can argue that if they batted better on night 2 it mightn’t have happened that way. But still, it made for 3 straight days where conditions combined to make things tough for them.

had they survived long enough to go to the last session tonight, again they would have come up against a new ball under lights.

no one is taking anything away from your precious victory parade, no one is taking credit away from how well Starc, Lyon, Warner and Labuschagne have played, no one is arguing that Pakistan have been somehow unlucky not to win, it is simply being stated that 4 nights on a row of being on the bad side of the known pink-ball-under-lights oddities is an unlikely run.

now that I’ve patted your team on the bum and given them the validation you so desperately think they crave, is there any chance you can argue points that actually HAVE been made rather than ones that haven’t?
If nothing would have changed if the circumstances were different how are they unlucky? That is the VERY DEFINITION of being unlucky.

#check

#mate

#thanksforcoming

#cleanbowled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If nothing would have changed if the circumstances were different how are they unlucky? That is the VERY DEFINITION of being unlucky.

#check

#mate

#thanksforcoming

#cleanbowled
my words were ‘I feel for them circumstantially.’

later I said luck conspired to make things a little more difficult.

hardly the same as saying that with luck on their side they’d have won a test that they are about to lose by an innings, having become the first side to ever do so whilst only taking 3 wickets for the match.
F***en hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Phatboy doing his usual in a cricket thread ,long winded and arrogant that his point of view is always right.
Who would have picked that?
my view is right. Dispute it if you want. It’s easy to be arrogant when you’re correct.

it’s pixels on a screen, if you don’t want to debate it, don’t.

deanc

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm tipping Travis Head for M.O.M.!
He has competently fielded at least 20 balls during the test and some of his throws back to the keeper were cm perfect, hard to ignore his outstanding performance and contribution - and perhaps give Warner an honorable mention for his 335....

PhatBoy

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm tipping Travis Head for M.O.M.!
He has competently fielded at least 20 balls during the test and some of his throws back to the keeper were cm perfect, hard to ignore his outstanding performance and contribution - and perhaps give Warner an honorable mention for his 335....
i think Adil Rashid was the last player to do what Head did this match. Elite company

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Surprised it finished with 4 sessions remaining considering everyone said how flat the track was when Warner was batting?

Geez what happened?
Warner wasn't facing the Australan bowling attack, instead he was facing a bog ordinary Pakistan one and it was still flat once the new ball wore off.

Jimthegreat

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Warner wasn't facing the Australian bowling attack, instead he was facing a bog ordinary Pakistan one and it was still flat once the new ball wore off.
I'm sure you were triggered when he got 335no. That must've hurt. Now he gets to face shittier bowling line up he might make 800.

Top Bottom