2nd Test; Australia v Pakistan @ Adelaide Over (D/N) November 29-December 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. And he’s said some things so many times that now even when he has something fairly innocent to say it’s hard to tell if he has an agenda or not - ie. before when he said he learned more from Ian Chappell than anyone else, was that a dig at Buchanan or Waugh in some obscure way?
This just jogged my memory of Warne saying he thought Hauritz was a great spinner and offering to have net sessions to coach him (even though he's a fingerspinner, so not sure how many tips he could give him), but his real motivation was made clear when he said the thing holding Hauritz back was Ponting setting bad fields for spin (with the implication of course being that Ponting had robbed Warne with his shitty captaincy).

There were some pretty impressive Cossie vs bucket stories getting around.

Didn't he have empty buckets piled up in his academy room?

'Criminal' please.. they guy's attitude has always completely stunk.

100% correct decision to overlook him.

Yeah look ok, if you’re told to get fit to get picked, you’re an idiot for not doing it, but the bottom line is that runs or wickets are currency, everything else should be of secondary importance.

West Indies have ignored Cornwall.Who aside from the curiously ignored Nikita Miller has been the best spinner in WI first class cricket for some time, based on his size.

he comes in, takes 7 wickets (yeah ok it was against Afghanistan but the fact was he bowled well) in an innings and a handful of good catches. Utilise then skill first then look at the other stuff.

This just jogged my memory of Warne saying he thought Hauritz was a great spinner and offering to have net sessions to coach him (even though he's a fingerspinner, so not sure how many tips he could give him), but his real motivation was made clear when he said the thing holding Hauritz back was Ponting setting bad fields for spin (with the implication of course being that Ponting had robbed Warne with his shitty captaincy).

I actually think Warne has a point on both counts, though more so with Hauritz.

Hauritz was fairly limited, but the fields Ponting set quite often didn't help him much.

Warne wasn't so affected by that because he had more control over the fields that were set when he was bowling, but I do think that at times Ponting held him back from the attack for a little bit too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah look ok, if you’re told to get fit to get picked, you’re an idiot for not doing it, but the bottom line is that runs or wickets are currency, everything else should be of secondary importance.

West Indies have ignored Cornwall.Who aside from the curiously ignored Nikita Miller has been the best spinner in WI first class cricket for some time, based on his size.

he comes in, takes 7 wickets (yeah ok it was against Afghanistan but the fact was he bowled well) in an innings and a handful of good catches. Utilise then skill first then look at the other stuff.
So your defence is a West Indian and Pakistani player are fat but they played OK so it's all good....

Where are they ranked? Somewhere between laughing stock and has been?

That says everything about their standards and why both teams will never amount to anything....

what is fitness going to do for a leg spinner? Tell me.
What good does 3 extra rolls do?

You don't think fitness plays a part in concentration? Stamina? Fielding? Running between wickets? Agility?

You reckon his team mates would appreciate him the same if he was pigging out while they were eating their veggies?

Wouldn't be a bad thing if he got a broken finger. Captaincy is s**t, keeping is s**t and his batting is below s**t.

Not if the alternative is Carey...

And we have no one else to captain

I actually think Warne has a point on both counts, though more so with Hauritz.

Hauritz was fairly limited, but the fields Ponting set quite often didn't help him much.

Warne wasn't so affected by that because he had more control over the fields that were set when he was bowling, but I do think that at times Ponting held him back from the attack for a little too long.
Yeah I'm a big believer that Hauritz was very hard done by to be dropped when he was, but it's hard to tell if Warne actually had a real reason for arguing the point beyond wanting to attack Ponting because he never got over not getting the captaincy. The blur between actual analysis and personal spats severely limits Warne as a pundit.

That’s harsh on the beetle

You've got a quick with 6 wickets, he's only bowled 3 overs in his last spell, but you take him off because the second new ball is 12 overs away??!!! WTF is that? Then you open the new session with Smith and Lyon? That bowling was embarrassing, I couldn't take any more so I switched it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back