2nd Test; Australia v Pakistan @ Adelaide Over (D/N) November 29-December 3

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
One thing that has to be remembered with spin bowlers averages is they aren't picked to have a better average than a pace bowler over the course of an innings but rather to have a better average than a pace bowler through overs 25-80. The new ball is essentially why almost all pace bowlers have better averages than spin bowlers but the two roles aren't really comparable.

It's also not really feasible to expect someone like Cummins or Starc to bowl 52 overs in the first innings then come out and bowl another 25 or more in the second.

wolmeister

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I think something that probably hurts him a bit is that his record - I think - has either stagnated or possibly even regressed since Australia developed a world class three man pace attack

That's because he often plays a holding role while the quicks rotate at the other end. Hi record is still very good and his strike rate of 64.6 is right up there when it comes to off spinners.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Geez - Pakistan so unlucky they are going to have to bat this last session now against a new ball under lights

#sobwave
#whatmighthavebeen
#moralwinners
Mate when you take the piss out of something, you generally try and take it out of something that exists, or has been said.

no one said they’ve been brave. With the ball particularly they have been the opposite of it.

No one said ‘something different might have happened.’ I have literally stated 4 times now that nothing would have changed if the circumstances were different.

no one has said that they are moral winners. They’ve been smashed.
So what exactly your point is, I haven’t a clue.

the following are facts:

their bowlers didn’t get a new ball under lights. The only way you could blame them for that is if they control the weather. They do not.

their top order had to face a new ball under lights. The only way you could blame them for that, is if the top order is also their bowling attack that took 5 sessions to take 3 wickets. They are not the bowling attack.

The top order then batted a second time - under lights against a new ball. Again, not their ‘fault’ - just circumstances. Yes you can argue that if they batted better on night 2 it mightn’t have happened that way. But still, it made for 3 straight days where conditions combined to make things tough for them.

had they survived long enough to go to the last session tonight, again they would have come up against a new ball under lights.

no one is taking anything away from your precious victory parade, no one is taking credit away from how well Starc, Lyon, Warner and Labuschagne have played, no one is arguing that Pakistan have been somehow unlucky not to win, it is simply being stated that 4 nights on a row of being on the bad side of the known pink-ball-under-lights oddities is an unlikely run.

now that I’ve patted your team on the bum and given them the validation you so desperately think they crave, is there any chance you can argue points that actually HAVE been made rather than ones that haven’t?

Mate when you take the piss out of something, you generally try and take it out of something that exists, or has been said.

no one said they’ve been brave. With the ball particularly they have been the opposite of it.

No one said ‘something different might have happened.’ I have literally stated 4 times now that nothing would have changed if the circumstances were different.

no one has said that they are moral winners. They’ve been smashed.
So what exactly your point is, I haven’t a clue.

the following are facts:

their bowlers didn’t get a new ball under lights. The only way you could blame them for that is if they control the weather. They do not.

their top order had to face a new ball under lights. The only way you could blame them for that, is if the top order is also their bowling attack that took 5 sessions to take 3 wickets. They are not the bowling attack.

The top order then batted a second time - under lights against a new ball. Again, not their ‘fault’ - just circumstances. Yes you can argue that if they batted better on night 2 it mightn’t have happened that way. But still, it made for 3 straight days where conditions combined to make things tough for them.

had they survived long enough to go to the last session tonight, again they would have come up against a new ball under lights.

no one is taking anything away from your precious victory parade, no one is taking credit away from how well Starc, Lyon, Warner and Labuschagne have played, no one is arguing that Pakistan have been somehow unlucky not to win, it is simply being stated that 4 nights on a row of being on the bad side of the known pink-ball-under-lights oddities is an unlikely run.

now that I’ve patted your team on the bum and given them the validation you so desperately think they crave, is there any chance you can argue points that actually HAVE been made rather than ones that haven’t?

If nothing would have changed if the circumstances were different how are they unlucky? That is the VERY DEFINITION of being unlucky.

#check

#mate

#thanksforcoming

#cleanbowled

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If nothing would have changed if the circumstances were different how are they unlucky? That is the VERY DEFINITION of being unlucky.

#check

#mate

#thanksforcoming

#cleanbowled

my words were ‘I feel for them circumstantially.’

later I said luck conspired to make things a little more difficult.

hardly the same as saying that with luck on their side they’d have won a test that they are about to lose by an innings, having become the first side to ever do so whilst only taking 3 wickets for the match.
F***en hell.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
1575276343348.png

Back