2nd Test; Australia v Pakistan @ Adelaide Over (D/N) November 29-December 3

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
where have I said that they played well? F*** me dead mate. At no point have I said anything aboutit effecting the score, the match situation, anything.

fact: data shows in pink ball teststhe new ball does more at night. If this game gets to tonight, 4 out of 4 times, they have been the side in the worse situation to be in

I suppose the next argument will be about their ineptitude in preventing rain on day one

Sorry to interrupt but wanted to interject with this.

It's a day night match. Every night for 5 days somebody has to bat at night. If you allow the opposition to get to almost 600 in their first innings and you don't fire in your first innings, then more than likely, you'll be batting at night for a few days.

my words were ‘I feel for them circumstantially.’

later I said luck conspired to make things a little more difficult.

hardly the same as saying that with luck on their side they’d have won a test that they are about to lose by an innings, having become the first side to ever do so whilst only taking 3 wickets for the match.
F***en hell.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL - feeling for them circumstantially is just another way of saying they were UNLUCKY - but I'm not sure how you can feel for them circumstantially with a straight face while at the same time saying their circumstances haven't changed - that is peak Phatboy!

A few interesting stats

Session 1
Australia 2/168
Pakistan 4/245

Session 2
Australia 1/183
Pakistan 7/156

Session 3
Australia 0/159
Pakistan 9/158

I guess Australia where just unlucky they didn't get to bat under lights more or they might have made 0/1000

Surprised it finished with 4 sessions remaining considering everyone said how flat the track was when Warner was batting?

Geez what happened?

Pakistan had to bat under lights - literally impossible to do - they were lucky some batsmen made it to double figures #sobwave

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry to interrupt but wanted to interject with this.

It's a day night match. Every night for 5 days somebody has to bat at night. If you allow the opposition to get to almost 600 in their first innings and you don't fire in your first innings, then more than likely, you'll be batting at night for a few days.

against a new ball 3 nights on the bounce, having missed the chance to bowl with a new ball of their own at night due to weather.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL - feeling for them circumstantially is just another way of saying they were UNLUCKY - but I'm not sure how you can feel for them circumstantially with a straight face while at the same time saying their circumstances haven't changed - that is peak Phatboy!

A few interesting stats

Session 1
Australia 2/168
Pakistan 4/245

Session 2
Australia 1/183
Pakistan 7/156

Session 3
Australia 0/159
Pakistan 9/158

I guess Australia where just unlucky they didn't get to bat under lights more or they might have made 0/1000

answer the question Pauline Hanson:

is it harder to face a new pink ball under lights based on day-night test evidence?

yes or no?

answer the question Pauline Hanson:

is it harder to face a new pink ball under lights based on day-night test evidence?

yes or no?

Given it doesn't chance circumstances according to you I would have to answer no.

In any case - the second new ball in their first innings it was still being played in daylight and they were already 8 down - L O *ing L at that having an impact on the match.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Given it doesn't chance circumstances according to you I would have to answer no.

In any case - the second new ball in their first innings it was still being played in daylight and they were already 8 down - L O f*n L at that having an impact on the match.

It didn’t have an impact on the match you idiot.

do you need me to scrawl it across the nude poster of David Warner On your bedroom ceiling? I’ve never said it had any impact on the match! 15 hours later you’re still arguing a point that never existed!

I said I feel for them because it’s harder to bat against a new pink ball under lights and they were on track to do it 3 times in 3 days!

where does that mention any impact on the game, its outcome, its margin!

if I said I feel for them facing a red hot Mitchell Starc who’s come back into form, would that be saying that they were somehow unlucky not to win? No of course it wouldn’t. It wouldn’t change the fact that I don’t envy them having to face a 150km/h bowler swinging the ball around after having a relatively lean period beforehand

I’m sure in one of the other threads someone has made a comment about how they feel for Naseem missing his first test wicket due to a no ball which you can take personally and start a petition about.

As another poster said - if you are getting bowled out for around 90 overs you are going to face a lot of new balls - and given this is a DAY/NIGHT test on average at least half of those will be at night anyway.

Phatties whole promise on this topic is completely irrelevant and a waste of time.

They got smashed because they were absolute garbage - day, night, rain, dry, batting, bowling

#qed

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
As another poster said - if you are getting bowled out for around 90 overs you are going to face a lot of new balls - and given this is a DAY/NIGHT test on average at least half of those will be at night anyway.

Phatties whole promise on this topic is completely irrelevant and a waste of time.

They got smashed because they were absolute garbage - day, night, rain, dry, batting, bowling

#qed

my premise that I feel for them?
What, so you’re not allowed to have sympathy for a sportsman unless it gets run by you first?

my premise that I feel for them?
What, so you’re not allowed to have sympathy for a sportsman unless it gets run by you first?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

in that case you may as well just feel sympathetic for any team that loses the test toss these days.

Name a more pointless debate than this in this test series....i'll wait

tbh I kind of don’t even know any more.

basically at the core of it is the fact that basically anyone can say whatever the hell they want, as soon as a self professed non Aussie fan says they feel for the opposition, it’s accused of being some sort of anti australian troll.

That's the premise - my point is i can't see how you can feel sympathy for a team that were utterly pathetic and put in one of the worst displays in a test series we have seen on these shores for some time. If you think that isn't the case then good luck to you...but you are wrong.

Wines to cripps

Senior List
Oct 15, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As a Aussie team what did we learn?

Bowling attack best in the world, knew that.
Warner likes flat decks,knew that..
Found our number 3!
Wade sowed up his spot

Still question marks on Paine, head,

As a Aussie team what did we learn?

Bowling attack best in the world, knew that.
Warner likes flat decks,knew that..
Found our number 3!
Wade sowed up his spot

Still question marks on Paine, head,

Lyon is still perfectly fine

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
against a new ball 3 nights on the bounce, having missed the chance to bowl with a new ball of their own at night due to weather.

You missed my point.They largely put themselves in that position. In any case the end result was more or less the same as the first test. No pink ball or night play in that match to blame was there?

We'll find out soon (when we play NZ) how much of this series result was due to Australia playing well as opposed to Pakistan being poor.

Last edited:
Back