2nd Test; Australia v Pakistan @ Adelaide Over (D/N) November 29-December 3

Remove this Banner Ad

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Australia has confirmed no changes, which is no surprise. Pattinson for Hazelwood would have been the only possible consideration, and that brief if at all.

Pakistan surely bring in Mohammad Abbas, I would guess either Imran or the "16 year old" to miss. Do they shuffle the batting order around? Most batsmen showed enough to in one inings or another to maintain a spot. Cricinfo are saying Haris Sohail will be out, with Imam-ul-Haq coming in and Ali dropping to #3. I keep thinking of Azhar Ali as an opener, but he's played most of his games at #3 so fair enough.
Given they hadn't played a Test for ten months, Pakistan probably wouldn't want to make too many changes having finally got a recent game under the belts of players.

Does the ball still need the protection of a decent grass layer, or will we get a bland Australian pitch? Having a bit more experience with the bowling line-up should help Pakistan make use of the conditions later in the day, when the young brigade might be tired (and appeard disinterested at time in Brisbane).
After Brisbane its hard to see anything other than an Australian win (weather dependent) but the batting might be tested a bit more.

edit: At least Saturday and Monday the showers are expected in the morning, which won't affect a day/night game too much hopefully.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
B.O.M is only predicting 1-3mls each day apart from Sunday (4-10mls). I wouldn't have thought that would cause that many delays?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Covers on already

20191129_123206.jpeg

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
doesn't rain all month and as soon as the cricket starts it looks like bloody rain for the next 4 days

Yeah, raining where I am. We have the driest spring on record then the cricket comes to town and it rains. The trouble is this isn't even proper rain just a drizzle which helps no one.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
every time i listen to any of the commentators, on all channels, talking about the current series all i hear is how well Pakistan are going.

Did I watch a different first test? It was a slaughter. Was essentially over as a contest by tea on the first day.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
every time i listen to any of the commentators, on all channels, talking about the current series all i hear is how well Pakistan are going.

Did I watch a different first test? It was a slaughter. Was essentially over as a contest by tea on the first day.

The problem was that Pakistan didn’t have that many bad sessions - but the bad ones they had were absolutely awful and essentially decided the match in a couple of half hour bursts with the bat, and the first two sessions to warner and burns where they didn’t make an impact.

Their openers did a great job on the first morning, their bowlers actually did a good job on day three, Shafiq played an excellent innings on day one, Rizwan was very good, Babar played a beautiful knock, Masood showed some form on day 4, it wasn’t a match without positives for Pakistan but like so many of their overseas excursions, some absolutely atrocious periods killed off any chance of competing

An India or NZ you could probably safely assume wouldn’t capitulate quite so spectacularly more often than not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back