2nd Test: Australia v South Africa, Port Elizabeth, February 20-24th

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing a lot of
07-minister.jpg
in here.

More like
the_end_is_near.jpg

Has anyone heard any talk of a change in bowler (besides bringing in Watson)? I personally would like to see Harris rested, old fellas body looks a bit sore, and we have 2 very capable bowlers waiting in the wings. Pattinson would be great.

Yeah I think Harris needs a bit of time away. Not had a good series so far (Siddle only slightly better). Not sure if Pattinson is the answer though to replace him given his lack of cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I find it bewildering that you think Clarke, Smith and Haddin are one of the main problems for our team. One of the better middle orders in the world IMO.

Clarke hasn't made runs for a while now.
And No.4 is a real problem. Yes I get that Marsh made a 100 at Centurion but he's not exactly reliable.
Haddin hasn't fired a shot in South Africa at all.

Clarke hasn't made runs for a while now.
And No.4 is a real problem. Yes I get that Marsh made a 100 at Centurion but he's not exactly reliable.
Haddin hasn't fired a shot in South Africa at all.

Haddin hasn't fired a shot in South Africa? Across a whole two Tests? MY GOD!

As for Clarke, yeah, 5 Tests without a substantial score is a bit of a dry patch, but it's hardly panic stations.

Pato isn't ready to come back yet.

Can't wait for the day he and cummins are bowling in partnerships and tearing sides apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if Patto and Bird coming in is a good idea as it is two guys without much red ball cricket behind them. Harris does look cooked though. Think SA might pull de Kock out for Petersen and replace Parnell with Abbott.

Not sure if Patto and Bird coming in is a good idea as it is two guys without much red ball cricket behind them. Harris does look cooked though. Think SA might pull de Kock out for Petersen and replace Parnell with Abbott.
I reckon they should stick with de Kock instead of rushing back Petersen. He's going to take a few tests to find his feet, but the pay off could be immense.

I reckon they should stick with de Kock instead of rushing back Petersen. He's going to take a few tests to find his feet, but the pay off could be immense.
You just want him to bat himself into form for the Daredevils.

Gee, David Warner has a big mouth.

He is accusing the South Africans of scuffing the ball.

This guy has a lot to say for someone who hasn't achieved much yet. Maybe he should shut up until late in his career, when he has achieved a few things, and has some credibility. Until then, he just looks like a fool, commenting about the opposition before every game. Michael Clarke should pull the goose into line.

I sometimes want to see Warner go out for a duck, just to teach him some humility, but it would have to happen a hell of a lot to deflate his big head.

Last edited:
Gee, Michael Warner has a big mouth.

He is accusing the South Africans of scuffing the ball.

This guy has a lot to say for someone who hasn't achieved much yet. Maybe he should shut up until late in his career, when he has achieved a few things, and has some credibility. Until then, he just looks like a fool, commenting about the opposition before every game. Michael Clarke should pull the goose into line.

I sometimes want to see Warner go out for a duck, just to teach him some humility, but it would have to happen a hell of a lot to deflate his big head.

Achieved much? He hasn't achieved anything. I can't even recall him playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back