2nd Test Australia v West Indies 8/12-12/12 1430hrs @ Adelaide Oval.

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Still extraordinary to me that Smith is back in the leadership. Not only was Cape Town nothing if not a complete failure of leadership off field - but he was a bog average on field captain as well (aside from the obvious growth spurt in his batting when captain.)
I didn't have a problem with the penalties - and that debate has been had many times, so let's not do it again - but once the penalty has been served, it's been served, and life goes on.

Hitler killed a heap of people but that was over 5 years, should get over that too
Sure, lets compare Steve Smith's sporting misdemeanors with Hitler....:rolleyes:

And besides Hitler is overrated in terms of pure evil. Pol Pot's regime brainwashed kids to torture and kill their own school teachers..!

Almost want Smith to be captain full time anyway. Honestly a batsman has to captain. Cummins has missed multiple tests now.
Don't think it needs to be a batsman - it should be best available - whether they are a batsman, wicket keeper or bowler.
FYI the record for most consecutive tests by a current player is held by a bowler

Great to see Boland getting another chance, I was afraid Morris was going to leapfrog him. 👍 Scott
I would have been happy either way. Morris will get his chance at some point, with so much Test cricket over the next 12 months. He's an exciting prospect, and I hope he does well.

Fair call on Khawaja but probably due to age more than anything.

I worry about this Cummins captain thing, already 2 tests he’s missed. Said it at the time it’s a disaster waiting to happen. I’ll say this I really rate Head as captain but the bloke was abysmal in the sub continent
... it's one test, or until Cummins is fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hitler killed a heap of people but that was over 5 years, should get over that too

You have to give Hitler some credit, he was the one that killed Hitler when many others had failed.

sandpapergate is still the biggest overreaction to anything ever.

It was one of the most blatant and disgraceful examples of cheating in sport that I can remember so it deserved the reaction that it got.

I don't think the players involved deserved to be banned for life for it but they deserved a substantial suspension which is what they got.

Adolf Hitler wanted to use cricket to train German troops according a new book about to be published by the BBC’s former World Affairs Editor, John Simpson.
However Hitler, who was taught the basics of the game, found the complex rules too much to comprehend and wanted to do away with the use of pads because they were “unmanly and un-German”.
Simpson’s claims are based on a report in the Daily Mirror in 1930 by Oliver Locker-Lampson, a British right-wing MP and Nazi sympathiser, who claimed Hitler thought cricket would be the ideal preparation for war.
In his book Simpson says that, after recover from injuries from being shot, he challenged the British to a “friendly” game but afterwards said the sport was “insufficiently violent”.
The result of the match was never recorded and neither was it possible to confirm claims that Hitler was dismissed for a golden duck.

sandpapergate is still the biggest overreaction to anything ever.
The Aussies deserved to be punished, but so did du Plessis, who was hit with a wet lettuce leaf for his cheating.

Apparently Gough - the fielding team were warned if Hitler was wrapped on the pads and anyone appealed for LBW they would be shot, also if he hit the ball in the air offering a catch you were expected to drop it or also be shot..!
Accordingly his reported golden duck must of been bowled...;)

Last edited:
You have to give Hitler some credit, he was the one that killed Hitler when many others had failed.

It was one of the most blatant and disgraceful examples of cheating in sport that I can remember so it deserved the reaction that it got.

I don't think the players involved deserved to be banned for life for it but they deserved a substantial suspension which is what they got.
they didn't even bother changing the ball.

it looked bad but really nothing happened

The golden duck thing is a joke.

A play on the old song: "Hitler, he only had one ball."

Back