2nd Test Australia v West Indies 8/12-12/12 1430hrs @ Adelaide Oval.

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia from, Pat Cummins (c), Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Lance Morris, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, David Warner.
West Indies from, Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Jermaine Blackwood (vice-capt), Shamarh Brooks, Nkrumah Bonner, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Roston Chase, Joshua Da Silva (wk), Devon Thomas (wk), Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers, Alzarri Joseph, Anderson Phillip, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jayden Seales.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Interested to see what we do with a threadbare bowling unit based on the injury concerns out of Perth

So much depends on timing in a pink ball test and if the cards fell our way I could see us posing some issues with the ball: roach is very good when there’s some seam and swing on offer, his pace isn’t enough on its own since his accident if there’s not much sideways stuff. He may not even be fit.

Would just like us to build on what we did in Perth and not regress. Do that and I’ll be pretty happy

Still extraordinary to me that Smith is back in the leadership. Not only was Cape Town nothing if not a complete failure of leadership off field - but he was a bog average on field captain as well (aside from the obvious growth spurt in his batting when captain.)

Still extraordinary to me that Smith is back in the leadership. Not only was Cape Town nothing if not a complete failure of leadership off field - but he was a bog average on field captain as well (aside from the obvious growth spurt in his batting when captain.)

Go on apart from Smith who gets it...there is a huge lack of leadership in this side

Why are people still hung up on Smith re captaincy, cape town was almost 5 years ago now, get a grip people and move on

Yep and honestly who are the alternatives

Head…young in his test career
Lab…please no we’d waste the DRS in 3 overs
Carey…no

Why are people still hung up on Smith re captaincy, cape town was almost 5 years ago now, get a grip people and move on
He was caught being compliciate to cheating. If he never played for Australia again after that I'd have been perfectly ok with it

He was caught being compliciate to cheating. If he never played for Australia again after that I'd have been perfectly ok with it

Yes we are so not playing our second best batsman or third best of all time to adhere to the PR or this world lol, the punishments were OTT as it was! We missed out on a year of Smith and for what...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have like to see Morris play, I'm a fan of fast bowlers who don't always know where the ball is going when it leaves their hand.

Thought it was the perfect time to play him- with no disrespect meant to the Windies, we won't get a better chance to blood a bowler.

What development has been put into him as a leader?

If the answer is none, then installing him as captain is a huge risk.

Yep and honestly who are the alternatives

Head…young in his test career
Lab…please no we’d waste the DRS in 3 overs
Carey…no

Sad state of affairs when you're captaining the test team by default.

I'm not sure why Khawaja has never been considered, he's been Qld captain for a while.

Sad state of affairs when you're captaining the test team by default.

I'm not sure why Khawaja has never been considered, he's been Qld captain for a while.

Fair call on Khawaja but probably due to age more than anything.

I worry about this Cummins captain thing, already 2 tests he’s missed. Said it at the time it’s a disaster waiting to happen. I’ll say this I really rate Head as captain but the bloke was abysmal in the sub continent

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Doubt Cummins is risked

I’d personally go Morris but they won’t so Boland will play. Feel it’s a perfect game to give a debut.
Not sure LP, reports are it was a minor strain and the coach has publicly stated Cummins will be given just prior to the toss to prove his fitness. I also suggest if there was any chance his 'niggle' could be aggravated during the Adelaide test, they would know this by now and announce his unavailability today.
Accordingly I'll be surprised if the skipper doesn't play...

Last edited:
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure LP, reports are it was a minor strain and the coach has publicly stated Cummins will be given just prior to the toss to prove his fitness. I also suggest if there was any chance his 'niggle' could be aggravated during the Adelaide test, they would know this by now and announce his unavailability today.

He’s already been ruled out

He’s been ruled out earlier today

Jim Prideaux

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
ColoradoAvalancheLiverpoolFCGrenobl
Interested to see what we do with a threadbare bowling unit based on the injury concerns out of Perth

So much depends on timing in a pink ball test and if the cards fell our way I could see us posing some issues with the ball: roach is very good when there’s some seam and swing on offer, his pace isn’t enough on its own since his accident if there’s not much sideways stuff. He may not even be fit.

Would just like us to build on what we did in Perth and not regress. Do that and I’ll be pretty happy
Roach and Joseph could both be a handful under lights. You’re spot on about timing, especially give how much experience in this format Australia has.

Jim Prideaux

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
ColoradoAvalancheLiverpoolFCGrenobl
I'd have like to see Morris play, I'm a fan of fast bowlers who don't always know where the ball is going when it leaves their hand.
Boland will do well here I reckon. Morris will get a shot but I think it would’ve been a huge risk to play him and Starc at the same time.

Hitler killed a heap of people but that was over 5 years, should get over that too

Back