England
New Zealand
Australia
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
West Indies
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe

Fairly indicative I think. You'd probably say that being behind NZ is a bit harsh given that they've lost two series to Australia in the last few years (but their other results have been solid) but on the flipside, prior to a very tough last 12 months Pakistan had enjoyed a fairly ripping spell of form so it kind of evens out.

India
South Africa
England
New Zealand
Australia
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
West Indies
Bangladesh
Zimbabwe

We have our arse off the sub-continent for a while to that should help get us back up the list. Not as if the sides above us are that good. Not only that surely India must be ready to get off the sub-continent meaning they will struggle.

Just watched the highlights, that O'Keefe such a ******. Been slapped all test and gets a wicket and celebrates like a twat. Complete ****** of a bloke
How dare one celebrate a wicket.

Y'all would hate me haha. I'd go nuts even if I was on 0/300.

How dare one celebrate a wicket.

Y'all would hate me haha. I'd go nuts even if I was on 0/300.

Wasn't really a celebration, it was more a flog act...Par for the SOK course

I assume this little send off was about nasir playing umpire on day 3 and giving cummins his send off.

Aussies also know they can have a free crack at nasir and it's pretty hard to punish them when nasir got let off the day before, but i would assume what he did on day 3 irked them all not just o keefe so i don't think this is o keefe having a FIGJAM moment because he took a wicket.

O keefe was bloody lucky to get another chance and he didn't make use of it but i don't think this incident is any big deal.

I'm not sure what to make of this series TBH. Certainly I'm not sure it's any sort of guide to the Ashes.

IMO we underestimated Bangladesh at first - certainly taking them on without match practice in light of their recent record was foolish.

Lyon was quite brilliant, especially in the second Test. His method of bowling varied greatly between the two innings, which is not something I have seen from him before even when he was bowling well. In the first innings, on a good batting surface, he focused less on getting turn and simply slid the ball on. In the second innings, when the pitch was more uneven, he simply defeated the batsmen with off-spinners, top-spinners with the odd arm ball for variation (apparently - haven't seen many arm balls from him in the past either).

O'Keefe's handling was bizarre. Due to his off-field stupidity he was IMO wrongly dropped and then promptly forgiven and selected anyway. His performance indicated that he was as confused as the rest of us. Agar was a nice surprise - he was not that threatening but he bowled tight lines. I wouldn't mind it if he was selected as the second spinner from here on out.

Warner was a nice surprise. In India it seemed like he was trying to adopt a more circumspect style yet he accomplished very little. Granted Bangladesh are not India, but it seems that with repeated attempts he has finally learnt how to bat effectively with more circumspection. Will be interesting to see how he transitions back into his more stereotypical style come the Ashes.

Cummins bowled with great heart and constantly menaced the top order.

Wade was disappointing - I gave him a tentative thumbs up after the Indian series, but he regressed with both bat and gloves, especially in the First Test. If Nevill bats well enough prior to the Ashes, he should replace Wade IMO. Alex Carey is another name I've heard thrown around, but from what I understand at this stage he's basically Darren Berry. Not what we need ATM.

Khawaja made no improvement in these conditions, but in Australia I still expect he'll bat at #3 bar a shocking run of Shield form. I would probably stick with Renshaw as well even though he often disappointed.

Cartwright vs Maxwell is an interesting conundrum. Maxwell did not look particularly convincing during this series and Cartwright has the more classical technique and temperament, but Maxwell has a recent Test century to his name. I wonder whether playing Nevill at #6 and Maxwell at #7 could make a difference? We all know that Maxwell can switch gears and take the match away from the opposition in a way that Nevill cannot (which is why Nevill seemed out of place at #7 previously).

Can't agree that wade regressed with the gloves, the byes were inevitable for all keepers on that first deck but his keeping in the second test was top draw, issue remains he was back in the side to make runs and he didn't do the job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back