Autopsy 3-0-75: 5 years on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did thy give a reason? I hope they didn't think that the last one failed and they're not sticking their necks out
Sad if true flea bc I would like something to hang my hat on in terms of our direction

I think it's more about the nature of the goals

For example with membership the initial focus of very much on numbers. I believe the new targets are moving more of the focus to retention and revenue per member. This is harder to communicate because some elements may offend some members (ie why are the wealthy more loved now than the average punter?!?!?), some members may read the targets as them being nothing more than a revenue stream (this happened with the finals guarantee/MRC changeover), and of course some will involve commercially confidential arrangements (ie our ongoing negotiations with the MCC for improved members access)

While I love a transparent target, I appreciate for phase two of our rebuild it is messier

For me, I'm monitoring the key club indicators to make sure we are going in a direction I want, and if I have concerns asking the club direct (to date I've not had a no comment on any questions I've raised)

Monitoring club key indicators (WHICH ARE??)with what type of measuring stick? Geelong Hawthorn Sydney Bulldogs or Coburg??
Comical
"I appreciate for phase two of our rebuild it is messier" What messier than our last 32 years or messier than DH last 5 yrs??
Sounds like a cover up if we are too fail again.

These two points actually will work against the second paragraph

For example with membership the initial focus of very much on numbers. I believe the new targets are moving more of the focus to retention and revenue per member. This is harder to communicate because some elements may offend some members (ie why are the wealthy more loved now than the average punter?!?!?), some members may read the targets as them being nothing more than a revenue stream (this happened with the finals guarantee/MRC changeover), and of course some will involve commercially confidential arrangements (ie our ongoing negotiations with the MCC for improved members access)

I hope the club is not taking this method otherwise it will be a meltdown imo:drunk:

There was more to the 3-0-75 plan. Once the base was established the aim was to produce sustained success, and to win our 13th premiership by 2019. I think there was another membership target too (not sure what though, could've been 90-100,000).
lol 13th ? Tell em they're dreamin. We won't even win our 11th

Monitoring club key indicators (WHICH ARE??)with what type of measuring stick? Geelong Hawthorn Sydney Bulldogs or Coburg??
Comical
"I appreciate for phase two of our rebuild it is messier" What messier than our last 32 years or messier than DH last 5 yrs??
Sounds like a cover up if we are too fail again.

These two points actually will work against the second paragraph

I hope the club is not taking this method otherwise it will be a meltdown imo:drunk:

They were key indicators for ME, how the * would I know what the club has internally? As for what aspects of club performance I have a genuine interest in and follow, I won't answer because I know you have zero interest in that

As for the second bit, that's exactly the point - people would have a melt down because aiming for 75k members is easy to understand, aiming to increase net revenue per member by x% is a lot harder to follow explain and be transparent on

LOL
banghead.gif

How about this

Instead of bitching about it, do something

send the club an email with a list of questions and lists of benchmarks you want to know from the club

For all your crying here, you probably would have had an answer from them by now if you went direct

No one is bitching if you had read my initial post
i asked for peoples ideas .As this is a forum for discussion and debate.
The only person bitching on here appears to be you
This i admit was comical and was is worth its weight in humor gold to me
I'm Monitoring club key indicators
I do thank you for that;)
WHICH ARE? Mehmehmeh
What type of measuring stick did you use? Geelong Hawthorn Sydney Bulldogs or Coburg??;)
bravo.gif

No one is bitching if you had read my initial post
i asked for peoples ideas .As this is a forum for discussion and debate.
The only person bitching on here appears to be you
This i admit was comical and was is worth its weight in humor gold to me
I'm Monitoring club key indicators
I do thank you for that;)
WHICH ARE? Mehmehmeh
What type of measuring stick did you use? Geelong Hawthorn Sydney Bulldogs or Coburg??;)
bravo.gif

How else do you decide if improvement is occurring unless you monitor progress?

As for comparing to other clubs, I'm not a fan of that. It encourages shortcuts and efforts designed to force an outcome, rather than genuine improvement. My focus is on making sure there is a trend of improvement, and that's how I assess success

Unlike some I prefer to research and make my own mind up, not just rely on Caro

But how do you do it?Guess .compare us to the Juparrit Parrots.do you use a bull s**t meter ?
i confused:p

Well for a start, read the annual report, speak to staff, you know the things anyone does when researching info on an organisation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is still a lot of work to do but if we do achieve that long awaited 11th flag in the next couple of years then a statue to Benny at Punt Rd would be well and truly deserved, he has done what many have attempted and placed this club back in a position both on and off the field where we can at least discuss winning flags again.

Gave his all as a player and administrator and had the balls to set some outrageous goals and then make sure we keep working towards them and all without putting himself on a pedestal, great man in my opinion.

oh the bull s**t meter:)

Hardly, any idiot can analyse an annual report, a financial report, and ask questions. Just like any company, the club isn't some great mysterious locked box

Has Benny published a new 5-10 year plan? We need another that is as bold as his first one.

What about a 3🏆-5mill-150K 10 year plan?

*3 premierships between 2022-2032 (I'm thinking 1 next year then another 2 between 2026-2032)
*$5,000,000 surplus by 2032
*150,000 members by 2032

we had to rebuild in the time of the 2 new Clubs taking all the top Draft picks & this has no doubt delayed our rise, but we are getting there. the biggest thing for me is the no debt. had we not lost so many close games in '12 we'd have perhaps made finals so would have achieved the 3rd Finals series in that time & the way it's going we'll have more than our Membership from last year (our record) total by Rd 1. happy days.

More reason why you could argue it's the best dynasty

Has Benny published a new 5-10 year plan? We need another that is as bold as his first one.

What about a 3🏆-5mill-150K 10 year plan?

*3 premierships between 2022-2032 (I'm thinking 1 next year then another 2 between 2026-2032)
*$5,000,000 surplus by 2032
*150,000 members by 2032

China is up to 14th 5 year plan.

I worry tigers falling behind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back