3 2 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Anton Grbac

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2001
Pleased with boys efforts last night,

3 Pevvo
2 Joey
1 Scotland (fair dinkum, the amount of sh*t this bloke cops from his own is unbelievable.....we get into verbals every week with this goose who sits behind us.....even when Scotty has a good one, this cretin slags him......and so it was again last night.....very annoying)

where's wally?

3. Pev
2. JJ
1. Scotty

Honourable mentions to Bolts (yep, again!), Deano, MJ & Jim.

It's funny y'know when I think of the crap the Bolton has got from essendon supporters (yes, even me at times) over the years, but over the last six weeks or so, he is one of the few who has truly deserved his spot compared to some of the others.

Umpiring was fking woeful, and had a few early decisions gone our way, it might have been closer at least.

Brisbane are a class act, and I was expecting a 10+ goal spanking, but have you ever noticed that they get rattled if the pressure is on and the scores are close?

And I hope somebody irons out those Scott coksuckers soon too.:mad: The amount of crap they've been able to get away with this year in particular, without even facing the tribunal has been disgraceful.
Just ask Lenny Hayes.
:mad:

Originally posted by SydneyBomber
3. Pev
2. JJ
1. Scotty

Honourable mentions to Bolts (yep, again!), Deano, MJ & Jim.

It's funny y'know when I think of the crap the Bolton has got from essendon supporters (yes, even me at times) over the years, but over the last six weeks or so, he is one of the few who has truly deserved his spot compared to some of the others.

Umpiring was fking woeful, and had a few early decisions gone our way, it might have been closer at least.

Brisbane are a class act, and I was expecting a 10+ goal spanking, but have you ever noticed that they get rattled if the pressure is on and the scores are close?

And I hope somebody irons out those Scott coksuckers soon too.:mad: The amount of crap they've been able to get away with this year in particular, without even facing the tribunal has been disgraceful.
Just ask Lenny Hayes.
:mad:

Yeah, i've never been much of a Bolton fan, but give him his dues, he's really improved in the last few weeks. Good again last night, although he needs to work on his disposal.

The Scotts?
Your right, Dean Wallis would've got life for the Lenny Hayes incident.

where's wally?

Originally posted by Wally
Pleased with boys efforts last night,

1 Scotland (fair dinkum, the amount of sh*t this bloke cops from his own is unbelievable.....we get into verbals every week with this goose who sits behind us.....even when Scotty has a good one, this cretin slags him......and so it was again last night.....very annoying)

where's wally?

I know where you are coming from, but Scotty is an extremely frustrating footballer. He had a good game last night, but he always does silly things (gets caught from behind far too much for example).

My votes

3. Pev
2. Bolton
1. M Johnson

Scotty probably did deserve to be in there as he tried all night and got plenty of the pill, but he frustrated me too much!

As for Bolton, he is really showing something. Gives plenty of run out of the backline and is starting to compete well with some of the key forwards. He is giving Danny a real run for his money as the most improved.

3. Pev - kept W@nkermanis quiet, plus got a lot himself
2. M.Johnson - to take a cowardly hit like he did and keep going was pretty impressive
1. Bolton - I thought he did well enough for 1, given he started on Bradshaw, then took up the usual Sean Wellman role, pumping the ball inside 50.

Fish, Hirdy and Scotty Lucas are all stiff to miss out.

Saturday night showed that we should forgo Carey, and really focus on getting a quality ruckman. Hille looked rooted by half time(as most players did), but Fish was about 5 years to old to run out the game as he was trying to do.

I agree Stealthy - those Scott boys can get away with a hell of a lot - It was them who started that melee - Chris Scott pushed Heff into Hirdy, which sent them into Brad Scott which started the melee.

3- Misiti- Very good early on.
2- Pev - resricted akermanis and found plenty of the footy himself.
1- Mark Bolton - Is going to enjoy not having to play on the best forward with Fletch back.

3. Peverill
2. Bolton
1. Misiti

Late, but first night on board.

So sick of the s#@t Lucas cops from "Essendon Supporters" in the crowd!

Don't understand why Lucas seems to be the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong.

The one thing he seems to lack is consistency, which isn't all bad....it just means he plays well some of the time, while it could be said that some guys in the side are playing well none of the time.

Maybe he's the short-term solution in the ruck :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad idea at all. Would be very handy as a ruckman around the ground and could run with any of them. Something Barnes did very well in 2000 and is sorely missed.

Originally posted by Stealth bomber
Don't understand why Lucas seems to be the scapegoat for everything that goes wrong.

The one thing he seems to lack is consistency, which isn't all bad....it just means he plays well some of the time, while it could be said that some guys in the side are playing well none of the time.

Maybe he's the short-term solution in the ruck :D

Well he has played there a few times, 97, 98 if I remember correctly. He just doesn't seem to be banging the long goals like we are accustomed to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back