Toast 3 biggest positives so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alright, so it’s been the sh*test start to a season in my time supporting this great club & it doesn’t look like getting any better.
So let’s try & look at some of the positives.

My 3 so far (in order):

Tom Powell - freak & getting better each time he plays.
Aiden Bonar - has come out of nowhere to be a very reliable, tough, fast & skilful half back.
Jaidyn Stephenson - He is a great pick up & his shift into the midfield has been a good one. Fast, skilful & kicks goals!

HM: Sewing up Horne + pick 1 pick in the mid-season & pre-season drafts by round 6

Last edited:

Alright, so it’s been the sh*test start to a season in my time supporting this great club & it doesn’t look like getting any better.
So let’s try & look at some of the positives.

My 3 so far (in order):

Tom Powell - freak & getting better each time he plays.
Aiden Bonar - has come out of nowhere to be a very reliable, tough, fast & skilful half back.
Jaidyn Stephenson - He is a great pick up & his shift into the midfield has been a good one. Fast, skilful & kicks goals!

HM: Sewing up Horne + pick 1 pick in the mid-season & pre-season drafts by round 6

Tom Powell - looks like the best young player to walk into Arden Street in a very long time.
Aidan Bonar - looks like it is all coming together for him and he is the number 11 draft pick he was for GWS, not the late pick downgrade we paid
Ben McKay - taking big scalps in a season where big forwards are scoring more goals. 10-year player.
Jaidyn Stephenson - great pick-up. Leading our goal kicking and picking up 20 touches a week. Could be leading the B & F too.

HM: Cunners returning in his pre-back injury beast mode.

3: Reprioritization of desired attributes - Our list, and especially midfield, imbalance is finally being addressed and in a manner that should work well with the new rules
2: The players we brought into the club last year - A lot of ticks for a lot of blokes. The players we traded in have all shown something at AFL level (Stephenson trade will go down in history) and our first 3 draft picks have each been able to show their wares to varying degrees. Even the mature aged recruits like Menadue are showing their value.
1: JZ down back - Risky move but it's paid off. Proud of Jack, and of Noble for backing him in.

HM's: Cunners is healthy again, Bonar and Bmac developing beautifully, Mahony being able to keep his head high and power through some bad form and come out the other side last week.

1. Tom Powell, the modern day Greg Williams
2. Jaidyn & Atu's speed. Thank you Pies
3. Aidan Bonar moving down back. Did not see it
HM. David Noble. The right man for North Melbourne. No frills or drama, sleeves rolled up and always composed. He's constructing a modern gameplan emphasising contested and controlled possesion, mixed with speed.

1) Let's see, aidan bonar settling into defense.
2) Extending ziebell's career and turning him into a useful defender, ala sam wright.
3) Powell's performance by establishing, although second year blue beckons.
4) Turner in the middle.
5) Stphenson given vital midfield role where he was more of a flashy forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Let's see, aidan bonar settling into defense.
2) Extending ziebell's career and turning him into a useful defender, ala sam wright.
3) Powell's performance by establishing, although second year blue beckons.
4) Turner in the middle.
5) Stphenson given vital midfield role where he was more of a flashy forward.

That's 5...

The new recruits. They are all showing something (even Menedue) and our list is better for them.

The backline. The way they have have held up under enormous duress, and missing so many of their leaders and better players.

The fact that when it comes off our footy looks *en great. I can really see where this is going and I like it. We still have alot of work to do but even that seems clear.

1. The Official Rebuild - the beatings seem inconsequential when new coach, players, game plan and direction are being put in place.

2. POWELL!!! Kid is a ******* gun.

3. The Nobes' Vibes - the calm, reassuring, weathered 'veteran of a dozen campaigns' persona, despite being a rookie coach. As much as I wanted Schoey, he'd have been a huge target for the media with these results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back