Streaming 3 Body Problem

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Two episodes in and there's discussions of theoretical physics, possible communication with aliens, immersive video games in ancient worlds. Eiza González is so beautiful. Benedict Wong is Chinese but has a Manc accent. What more do people want in a show?

It's got great production values. The showrunners are Benioff and Weiss who did some excellent work before they checked out of GoT.

Two episodes in and there's discussions of theoretical physics, possible communication with aliens, immersive video games in ancient worlds. Eiza González is so beautiful. Benedict Wong is Chinese but has a Manc accent. What more do people want in a show?

It's got great production values. The showrunners are Benioff and Weiss who did some excellent work before they checked out of GoT.

I get put off because I read about the time shift storyline

Is it hard to follow?

I get put off because I read about the time shift storyline

Is it hard to follow?

What I've watched so far is intriguing and mysterious but not hard to follow. They pretty much hold your hand as they bounce around between different 'real' places and times, and fantasy worlds. The first ep should give you a good idea if you like this show or not.

I binged the entire series yesterday... Loved it.

Ep 5 is incredible.

Bring on the next season as I NEED to know how this goes!

I binged the entire series yesterday... Loved it.

Ep 5 is incredible.

Bring on the next season as I NEED to know how this goes!

I binged and finished it today. The plot totally hangs together and there's not one filler episode.

Episode 5 is just freaking epic!

Yeah episode 5 is just amazing.

The last few episodes are then a bit quieter and are a set up for what is to come.

I have not read the books but I understand that ep 5 is where the first book ends.

Apparently it is wild what is coming.

Let’s hope that Netflix renew the show.

Not reading any of this thread bc spoilers.

Randomly put this on yesterday, 2 episodes in and I am hooked. So much going on. But it's super cool. I'm not even into sci-fi, but I love the China parts of the show so far. The video game stuff is cool too.

Why did the Shanti unlock the hard drive and reveal their entire plan?

I know they can't lie, but they also didn't have to say anything at all. They could have left humanity in the dark and continued using their two little super computers for 400 years to zip around ruining scientific research and secretly learning all of their plans to fight back.

I can't make sense of it.

When Jin is going to the meeting she's told to leave her phone in the car. She gets picked up by another car, goes to the meet, the s**t goes down and afterwards we see her in the back of the ambulance.. talking on her phone.

Amazing that despite being sliced, set on fire and buried under tonnes of sliced up ship, they go straight to Evans' corpse and retrieve the perfectly intact hard drive. Found it!!

Also found it bizarre that the psycho assassin woman so easily overpowered and pushed around a 100kg+ man when she murdered Rooney. I thought she must have special powers or actually be an alien or something but nope - turns out she's just really, really strong.

Watched the first episode after seeing a review for it on ABC News 24 on Good Friday (I think). I have to say, I'm not feeling the love for it like everyone else here. Thought it meandered too long and then rushed to the conclusion of the first episode a little too quickly. I'll try the second episode but it needs to improve significantly for me to stick with it.

For sci fi nerds like me, there is a connection between this show and one of the Star Trek series.

I know they can't lie, but they also didn't have to say anything at all. They could have left humanity in the dark and continued using their two little super computers for 400 years to zip around ruining scientific research and secretly learning all of their plans to fight back.

It could be that the Shanti wanted to demonstrate their power and put humanity in its place - by telling us our fate, manipulating the sky and telling us we're all bugs. It caused worldwide panic and could cause ongoing despondency because it seems the future is hopeless.

But yeah, it was a bit of a contrivance that will allow the rest of the plot to happen. I don't think the Wallfacers get created if the hard drive doesn't get decrypted. Also, it's a common trope in movies and TV that the bad guys explain their evil plans.

Made it to the fourth episode. I know it's based on a book by Liu Cixin but it has elements of Snow Crash and Torchwood: Children of Earth.

I'm still not enamoured with the series just yet, but I have made it this far so I might as well finish it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was ok but disappointing after ep 5.

Why the need to destroy the ship and kill everyone on board? Get the navy to stop it. Also agree with others as to why suck intelligent beings would reveal their plans? Odd

And the Will character going from minor to cancer …never really felt a connection with him. And no surprise the premise for his illness.

Anyway ok from point of view some interesting sci fi ideas

They want the humans to know their plan, I'm assuming later on we find out that it's all part of a set up

I think they said that it was the only way to attack the cultists on the ship without allowing them to destroy the hard drive.
That doesn’t make much sense either. They had time to destroy it. Plus the oh we don’t want to destroy the disk but let’s slice the ship into little bits plan was kinda risky to say the least

That doesn’t make much sense either. They had time to destroy it. Plus the oh we don’t want to destroy the disk but let’s slice the ship into little bits plan was kinda risky to say the least

Wade and Raj didn't know how the conversations with the San-Ti were recorded. A hard drive seemed the most logical. I assume they then set the distance between the nano-fibres such that it killed everyone on board but might leave the data recording medium intact.

When Evans saw what was happening on the ship he didn't try to destroy the hard drive but tried to save it. It was earlier referred to as his bible.

It turned out that it was all pointless. It was all part of the San-Ti plan. Auggie's countdown stopped. The San-Ti allowed the decryption.

Finished it, 5/10.

Not as deep as it thinks it is. Weak character writing. Missed narrative opportunities.

The Chinese adaptation (and the books) are supposed to be a lot deeper. This was dumbed down for Western audiences, in order to focus on character development. I found the characters unlikeable for the most part, but enjoyed the series enough and hope Netflix allows the story to be finished.

3 episodes in.

I know what's going on but if I had to explain it to someone I wouldn't be able to.
Yeah, same.
I think I understood it all.
My problem was watching a couple of episodes when I was fairly well lubricated and had to go back and rewatch them the next day. Was still scratching my head though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back