Senior 3. Brandan Parfitt (2017-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt today 23 touches, 13 contested, 5 tackles, 4 frees for, 1 goal; Caddy today 15 touches, 6 contested, 4 tackles, 3 frees against, 0 goals :)

I'll add it here instead of the review thread but Parfitt was third behind Dangerwood with contested possessions today.
A 3rd game 18 year old forward...
Geez he looks good.

Should be the Rising Star this round. Top game.
My sentiments too.
Keep playing the kid until he looks like he needs a break.
Same with Parsons.

Last edited:

My sentiments too.
Keep playing te kid until he looks like he needs a break.
Same with Parsons.

Agree.
1 will make way for Cocky who hopefully due to form of these 2 might have to play VFL for a week or 2.
Otherwise until they NEED a break I'd be playing them.
Parfitt in particular, get 20-30 games into his ASAP.

Very skeptical on Lang and Cockatoo given the players who were available at those picks.
Have you applied to join Wells' team? You seem to think you know better than they do rather constantly.

He's getting back to that early season form before the injury. And that's great news for us.

Finds space and time more than any other small forward we have and really does the team first option a lot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

sneakily building in confidence to IMO.

Starting to get that "i belong here" look to him

And taking ownership - Think PFD called for a ball going into open goals in GCS game and Parfitt ignored it and kicked it himself - as he should have - but telling PFD to" get stuffed" was big IMO.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BEST TERRITORY JUNIORS:

1 – Brandan Parfitt (Nightcliff) –

It is close, but I just cannot go past Parfitt for the top spot for the best junior that I have ever seen up here.

It wasn’t that you necessarily thought he was going to go on to win Brownlow Medals or anything like that, but he was just such a complete, mature footballer at a very young age.

Parfitt was legitimately Nightcliff Premier League’s best player when he was 16 and was the youngest ever winner of the club’s best and fairest award.

Dominated all the junior grades while he was coming through and produced excellent performances whenever he went away with the Northern Territory team.

Solidified his ability to AFL recruiters when he gathered 47 disposals in a game for North Adelaide’s U18s despite an injury-interrupted draft year.

BEST TERRITORY JUNIORS:

1 – Brandan Parfitt (Nightcliff) –

It is close, but I just cannot go past Parfitt for the top spot for the best junior that I have ever seen up here.

It wasn’t that you necessarily thought he was going to go on to win Brownlow Medals or anything like that, but he was just such a complete, mature footballer at a very young age.

Parfitt was legitimately Nightcliff Premier League’s best player when he was 16 and was the youngest ever winner of the club’s best and fairest award.

Dominated all the junior grades while he was coming through and produced excellent performances whenever he went away with the Northern Territory team.

Solidified his ability to AFL recruiters when he gathered 47 disposals in a game for North Adelaide’s U18s despite an injury-interrupted draft year.

For more great content like this, check out NT Football with Jackson Clark on Facebook. ;)

What do we make of his season so far? Hoping he can round out the second half of the year at 25+ a game (on decent efficiency).

Parfitt looks to have both trimmed off and muscled up a bit.

419827508_801151752040243_469991754530598222_n.jpg

Yep, I'm not sure what difference it will make though. I think he's capable of 22 games a year but the coaches have made up their mind.
If the club had made up their mind about him, it is very strange that they did not put him out as bait on the trade table late last year.

If the club had made up their mind about him, it is very strange that they did not put him out as bait on the trade table late last year.

Agreed....

I dont believe the coaches have written him off .. I hope he shows that he's a valuable asset next season.

Yep, I'm not sure what difference it will make though. I think he's capable of 22 games a year but the coaches have made up their mind.
I highly doubt that.

He looks to have lost close to 10kg of fat and toned up with some muscle.

To me that indicates the coaches gave him an ultimatum at the end of last year. Something along the lines of: "There's a spot for you if you want it, put the work in and prove it to us"

I truly believe he'll get his shot, it's just up to him to make the most of that.

If he does that and it still doesn't work, then I think your assessment is correct. He's playing for his career, whether that be here or somewhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back