Senior 3. Brandan Parfitt (2017-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looks like he doesn't want to kick thru it... Put a good kick on his skill set and he is 10 picks earlier for sure. I guess when he plays for us that will get answered.

His kicking action looks neat, it's just his weighting of his kicks at this stage. Won't be too difficult to fix once he's kicking 100+ footys everyday.

Just looks like he doesn't want to kick thru it... Put a good kick on his skill set and he is 10 picks earlier for sure. I guess when he plays for us that will get answered.

Yes, hopefully it's not an injury that will hamper him next year. You'd assume he would have been put through a rigorous medical prior to the draft.

Parfitt and Narkle significantly -

Where the swans got us was outside run and speed moving the ball forward. The footy dummies all blamed a dosfunctional forward line. That wasn't the issue. The issue wasn't hard Contested ball either as it has been in previous seasons. Look at the stats for forward entry. We were lacking outside pace that can finish.

The final stats in that Sydney game were misleading, the game was won in the first quarter. Sydney were much cleaner with their disposal in close and on the outside. They completely schooled us in all areas of finals football in that first quarter. I don't think adding some run and carry is going solve all the problems that the performance highlighted to be honest. It will require a big improvement across the board and it is unrealistic to expect this year's draft picks to have any role in that process.

Moves similar, but one has an absolutely elite kick on both sides and the other struggles to hit a target.
If he turns out as good as Sam Mitchell, we are in for a bloody good decade! champion congestion and in under player, one of the best at setting up from a contest. The way parfitt plays just looks exactly the same way as Mitchell. The same contested style, the same shimmy and reading of the play. Quite a good comparison to have

If he turns out as good as Sam Mitchell, we are in for a bloody good decade! champion congestion and in under player, one of the best at setting up from a contest. The way parfitt plays just looks exactly the same way as Mitchell. The same contested style, the same shimmy and reading of the play. Quite a good comparison to have

As long as he keeps the knees down and doesn't become the same sniper he'll be twice the man

As long as he keeps the knees down and doesn't become the same sniper he'll be twice the man
Can hate the bloke all you want, but he was and is a very fine footballer. Tore us open a New arsehole enough time over the past decade. I can't remember the last time Mitchell didn't get 30+ touches against Geelong. Would love to have him running around Geelong and hopefully we have the next Mitchell here in parfitt. Quite a juicy thought to have simmering

Last edited:
Just took 77 posts of gutter crap out of of this.

This is the Brandon Parfitt thread.

Keep it that way.

GO Catters

Moves similar, but one has an absolutely elite kick on both sides and the other struggles to hit a target.
Bollocks!

Really took that Broncos overtime loss hard Daz.
you can GOAGF! :p

That was rough!

REALLY ROUGH... and honestly still not over it...

We are not the team of last year but we had that game.

Gonna be hard for us from here.

Go Broncos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parfitt looks pretty good i reckon. Running with number 3 on his back is a good sign. It's gonna be exciting watching him.

After watching the videos on gfc.com.au over the last few days i think Wells & co have hit paydirt with Parfitt, Stewart, House and Ratoulgea.

you can GOAGF! :p

That was rough!

REALLY ROUGH... and honestly still not over it...

We are not the team of last year but we had that game.

Gonna be hard for us from here.

Go Broncos
Try losing game 4 of the World Series last year as a result of an error (would have tied the series 2-2), then having that player, arguably the best in the roster leave at seasons end for a divisional rival...

Now stating the error meant little to him.
Honestly, still not over it.

I think it's a good sign for Motlop staying and assisting Parfitt to settle into the club that they are mates. Parfitt and Cockatoo also know each other. Hopefully they can help get the best out of each other. As they all have a lot of talent at their best could be very damaging for the team.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...m/news-story/5b662458f75c97ba459cfd74baef1a5e

Not so sure Motlop is the best senior role model to have. Would be great if Stokes was still around.

Not so sure Motlop is the best senior role model to have. Would be great if Stokes was still around.
I think Mots has things he can impart to the newbies - as a senior player - but just not as the sole source of reference for that newbie.
Agreed that Stokes would be great but even he had a pretty big speedbump.

GO Catters

Dunno about you guys, but when I saw our new recruits lined up and their numbers shown, seeing no.3 on another player other than Jimmy made me quite sad, it just doesn't look the same, same with 44, I know we have to move on and look to the future but those 2 guys, Jimmy and Boris, will be missed greatly!!!!!!!

I think Mots has things he can impart to the newbies - as a senior player - but just not as the sole source of reference for that newbie.
Agreed that Stokes would be great but even he had a pretty big cokebump.

GO Catters
EFA

He's hardly Carey or Cousins, it was reported true or not that Motlop wasn't close with a lot of teammates. Some strong bonds to push each other on the track. And people you want to be around are good in any workplace let alone a competitive professional sports organisation.

When I saw the video footage of all the new recruits and their new numbers, I realised that Parfitt has a good chunky size, I think he could be ready made to push for seniors if he's good enough. I like this selection. We didnt reach on this selection.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back