Player Watch #3 Christian Salem

Remove this Banner Ad

Deelighted

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
His kicking is excellent and he is generally a calming influence in the back 6, but he lacks other outstanding attributes IMO. Not quick, not great overhead, decent defensively but not outstanding.

Still think he should be tried on the wing rather than (insert inside mid) but it just isn't happening for whatever reason. Feel like his ball use could be more valuable further up the field. Lockhart and Rivers both seem capable of playing a similar role in defense if we were to try it.

Solid & consistent player at the moment, but we need him to go go up a level or two.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Some of the comments are truly bewildering. The kid is a gun and i dont want the ball in anyone elses hands whens its coming out of our backline.

Topkent, fair to presume you lived close to a glue making factory during your formative years? 😂
My favourite part of Bigfooty is when some w***er crawls out of the woodwork to post about me because I probably disagreed with a post for theirs 3 years ago and they've got nothing else going on in their 'life' 😂

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's started the season pretty well I reckon.

Kicks, handballs, marks and metres gained all higher than his career averages and rated elite against players of the same position. Pressure acts, intercept possessions, score involvements, inside 50s and effective disposals all rated elite as well.

We've all been saying it for years, but if he can keep up those kinds of numbers he can be a real weapon for us this year.

Dancing Potato

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's started the season pretty well I reckon.

Kicks, handballs, marks and metres gained all higher than his career averages and rated elite against players of the same position. Pressure acts, intercept possessions, score involvements, inside 50s and effective disposals all rated elite as well.

We've all been saying it for years, but if he can keep up those kinds of numbers he can be a real weapon for us this year.
Had decent games in rounds 1 and 3 but his round 2 game was the real highlight. He was popping up all over the ground.

Consistency at the level of 20+ possessions per game is key for him I think. Looks like he's set for a very solid year though.

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Had decent games in rounds 1 and 3 but his round 2 game was the real highlight. He was popping up all over the ground.

Consistency at the level of 20+ possessions per game is key for him I think. Looks like he's set for a very solid year though.
Needs to kick goals and get in and around the F50 more. He played on Kelly and he kicked 2 goals. Salem needs to start bobbing up in the goals column.

Remove this Banner Ad