Player Watch #3 Christian Salem

A11dAtP0w3R

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, Steve Smith
His 1v1 defending is now top class, I've got no idea where its come from, never pictured him to be a reliable defensive player (capable of winning the 1 on1's more often than he loses them), he reminds me a bit of Hibbo last year...his last 10 or so weeks are AA standard.

Perfect balance of attack and defense, has an appetite for the contest, plays way harder than his body size would suggest. Will be reaching A Grade status in no time if he isn't there already.... :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CTHORANGE

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
His 1v1 defending is now top class, I've got no idea where its come from, never pictured him to be a reliable defensive player (capable of winning the 1 on1's more often than he loses them), he reminds me a bit of Hibbo last year...his last 10 or so weeks are AA standard.

Perfect balance of attack and defense, has an appetite for the contest, plays way harder than his body size would suggest. Will be reaching A Grade status in no time if he isn't there already.... :thumbsu:
Getting a bit of Nev about him with his ability one on one...

Deelighted

Senior List
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's interesting to me that he was used as an inside mid before going back into defense.

Thought he could play the outside/wing role that we currently have Jones and Tyson playing.

I think his improvement defensively means they're unlikely to make the switch now.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has only missed the one game this year, it's pleasing that he's been able to pretty much play a full season having not done that before this year. Happy with his development.
Has chronic illness issues but is otherwise v durable. One of few on our list, along with Oliver, Jetta and OMac, that doesn’t get injured often

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Houston Texans

He always had ability 1v1 - we saw it in his first couple of games for us.

Loves to bury blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He has cleaned up his kicking lately, Used to try an bullet pass too often and would dribble it along the ground. Seems to be alot more relaxed out there and his vision off HB is very nice. I still think he would be better served up the field but happy to concede he is playing very well where he is.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Houston Texans
He has cleaned up his kicking lately, Used to try an bullet pass too often and would dribble it along the ground. Seems to be alot more relaxed out there and his vision off HB is very nice. I still think he would be better served up the field but happy to concede he is playing very well where he is.
Showing some touch as you and I like to say!

Top Bottom