AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Was surprised he had it 34 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reminds me of Mike Hussey some constantly gets plenty of it without standing out

He’s been tagged the last couple of games and we’ve played like s**t.

Coincidence, or is he really that integral to our game? If a single player is that important to us that sides can throw us off our game by nullifying his influence then we really need to find some support for him.

He’s been tagged the last couple of games and we’ve played like sh*t.

Coincidence, or is he really that integral to our game? If a single player is that important to us that sides can throw us off our game by nullifying his influence then we really need to find some support for him.
The support has been sitting on the pine, bar Shiel yesterday who needed to blow the cobwebs out. Parish and Merrett have been carrying the loss of Caldwell, Shiel and McGrath all season. Langford's injury looks like the last straw. We have the support, but I'd still like one more taller mid.

He’s been tagged the last couple of games and we’ve played like sh*t.

Langford was a big part of that midfield synthesis.
I think Shiel could have had a few games in the VFL to ease him back..
GWS just played really well on the night. Shut Ess down defensively really well. Their home game, warm weather and in form.
Ess players kick straight 4 of those gettable times in the 4th and it's a win!

Has turned all his weaknesses into strengths in one preseason and become the complete midfielder.

Genuinely unbelieveable

Complete midfielder is a genuine stretch but when he kicks the ball as he has in the last few weeks and hits targets no doubt he is a good player.

Apart from growing 6 inches and starting to clunk marks in the goalsquare.

May end up heading the comp for clearances and score involvements and being top 10 in goal assists.

Will also add that since Stringer has started going into the middle more and more he’s not really the ‘hit to’ player as much as he was a couple of months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1209019

Leading clearance player in the comp?? If someone told me this at the beginning of the year, i'd have said they were on drugs. Lol.

Wow that's unexpected. It's what we have been crying out for since Jobe left. Except Parish has more speed, probably a better tank and can kick off both feet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back