AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year we had the Andy and Darcy duo, housemates that seemed to get on really well. Now it's Merrett and Parish forging strong links on the field and getting the write up on the club website. I reckon this guy might actually be the glue for this core midfield group, which shouldn't be so surprising really. Captained Vic Country back in his day didn't he? Reckon he might get leadership group next year, if he wants it (although he might want to keep concentrating on his footy, which has paid dividends this year!)

Also, *in lol at this picture they included;
08EsNM16AT00015.jpg

Remember his whole first year every time he was interviewed he'd finish it with 'Go Dons!' 🤣

Zach Merrett said:
“Obviously with Darcy Parish and the duo we’ve started, we’ve built our connection over this year and that has been really exciting,” Merrett said.

“Darcy and I have trained together for five or six years now. We understand each other’s strengths really well and understand the way in which we play and how each makes decisions on the field. It’s built off hours and hours of training together.

“We spent time in the off-season training together at Preston, out on the City Oval there. We brought that momentum together into pre-season. When he got his opportunity, he was ready to take it and I think we built a really strong combination with guys unfortunately out with injury.

“It’s been really exciting to see him flourish and I’m sure we’ll get better and better as we keep playing more games together.”

Darcy Parish said:
“We’ve been building our relationship over the years. This year he really challenged me to build on my consistency and be a real leader and performer for this club,” Parish said.

“I’ve been working really closely with him and we’ve made a nice duo in there, giving each other a fair few handballs along the way.

“I love playing alongside him. I know his strengths and weaknesses and we help each other along the way. He’s been super for me.”

Last year we had the Andy and Darcy duo, housemates that seemed to get on really well. Now it's Merrett and Parish forging strong links on the field and getting the write up on the club website. I reckon this guy might actually be the glue for this core midfield group, which shouldn't be so surprising really. Captained Vic Country back in his day didn't he? Reckon he might get leadership group next year, if he wants it (although he might want to keep concentrating on his footy, which has paid dividends this year!)

Also, fu**in lol at this picture they included;
View attachment 1218271

Remember his whole first year every time he was interviewed he'd finish it with 'Go Dons!' 🤣

Photo is hilarious!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back