AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said it once, i'll say it again.

We have the shittest supporters in the comp.

So quick to stick the boot in when someone dares has a poor run of form.

To be fair, we’ve been the shittest team in the comp in the past 15 years... People are just tired of losing.

I think most agree with what is the reality - he’s out of form and probably hasn’t progressed quite as far or as quickly as we would’ve hoped. I don’t think anyone’s stuck a fork in him, have they?

Seems he is trying some new ways to work his way back in to the seniors.

e07a294009f117968e4e0dba1249b698.jpg
B: Heating

I'd like to see him on a wing when he returns.
He's quick enough and once he has his kicking back in line he'd be a decent weapon playing a similar role to that of Colyer.

He and Smith on the wings would give us two running mids who chase and pressure.
Clarke, Langford, Laverde, Merrett, Heppell and McGrath can then rotate as our main stoppage mids.
Fanta, Stringer and Tippa roll through from the fwd line in cameos.

I personally think he does his best work at the coalface in the stoppages and his poor form is due to spending too much time at HFF/Wing.

I want to give him a share of Zaharakis and Merrett's midfield time as they have the tools required to be more damaging on the outside.

The only midfielder to out-perform Parish from his draft so far is Oliver. Who was taken before him.

Damn Dodoro for taking the best midfielder available. What an idiot.
Mills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The defender who was also taken before Parish and was an academy selection?

Still got the best performing mid available at our pick.
He's playing more midfield now. Still, he's better than Darce IMO

He's playing more midfield now. Still, he's better than Darce IMO
Ok fair enough that’s your opinion.

We still have the best performed mid that was available at our pick, Mills cannot change that due to his academy status and being picked before Parish.

I think the point is that Parish is fine and Kane Cornes is a prick.
This is undeniable.

I'd agree Mills is better, but you are completing missing his point
I wasn't, I just felt that Mills should have been included with Oliver in that category.

Bullshit. Mills has been playing almost exclusively as a deep defender, would be seeing the least amount of midfield time in his entire career.
Really? I've heard different from Sydney supporters.

Really? I've heard different from Sydney supporters.

Given a defensive role most weeks, is often the last in line mopping up. One centre clearance and six in total show that he's barely putting in any time around stoppages, only 12 inside 50's vs 33 rebound 50's. His heat map that of a perma defender and strongly resembles Nick Smiths.

rqE11wo.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back