AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Oliver Parish

My dearest, son... I couldn't decide which legend had the better career, so I named you after both.

Definitely has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:

Clazza looking good tonight. :)
He's playing real good. It's one of those win wins - both players look like they'll be complete guns, and you'd be totes happy with either. Looking forward to seeing them dominate over the next decade

There is no comparison, Oliver went pick 4, Parish went pick 5, if the Dees had picked Parish then we'd currently have Oliver.
Exactly. The only fan base that should stress about that comparison is the Dee's as they chose one over the other. We never got he choice so it isn't really worth stressing over it. Darcy was a great get nonetheless.

It shouldn't matter though, by all indication both look like solid picks and good players. Both clubs would be happy with either player.

I had him slated to be our 5th best midfielder this year so I've always rated him a fair bit. Had him behind Watson, Heppell, Merrett and Zaka. I've now re-assessed and think he will go straight past Zaka and be our 4th best behind only our legit stars.

He seems more ready than Merrett did in his second year (and Merrett had a bloody good second year). If I had one criticism though I reckon he still needs to lift his defensive rating - he will win plenty of hardball but I want to see him laying a few more tackles and good defensive acts. He's got plenty of time though.

Will be top 3 Crichton this year.

I don't see any flaws in his game like some nit pickers do.

Just so quick and clean by hand with brilliant awareness to fire out passes at teammates.

Tackles like a deranged maniac all day and just keeps on working hard to get his head over the ball, pick it up in one grab and do something constructive for the team.

He's absolute gold I tells ya.

Just so quick and clean by hand with brilliant awareness to fire out passes at teammates.

Tackles like a deranged maniac all day and just keeps on working hard to get his head over the ball, pick it up in one grab and do something constructive for the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's playing real good. It's one of those win wins - both players look like they'll be complete guns, and you'd be totes happy with either. Looking forward to seeing them dominate over the next decade

I wonder if they will become the pair that people always link? Like your hird/buckley hodge/judd etc

Yep. I called for him to get a 5 year deal after round 2 last year.

Unfortunately he still has a s**t haircut..
LEAVE PARISH ALONE

leave-britney-alone-o.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back