AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we figured out he’s an inside mid yet? Impressive yesterday, after all our recruiting if we lose our most natural inside mid next year it would be outrageous! Sign him up now
They still are scratching their heads about Langford kicking 3 up forward last night. Lets not burden them with too many revelations all at once.

Not sure if other clubs have this problem or have had it historically or Essendon have had it in the past themselves but have there ever been 2 players who cancel each other out like Darcy Parish and David Myers?

Surely at the start of 2017, Essendon's higher ups recognised the detrimental impact playing a guy like Myers has on Darcy's progression.

It is a little more complicated that that.

Both Myers and Parish were playing career best football in the second half of last year. Their games were able to co-exist and quite successfully given our performances during that period.

That has changed this year and I believe it has happened because of Shiel. By virtue of being better than Myers and Parish at, well, everything he has made one of them redundant. Basically the team doesn't need all three of them operating as inside midfielders. One of Myers or Parish will inevitably struggle when forced into a position they are less suitable for.

He’s probably 1 more pre season away from really popping, those one step kicks will go further and those handballs with guys hanging off him will shoot out rather than float out.

Needs to have a chat with Lachie Neale about how he developed his big arse and thunder thighs.

Was one of our best the whole game, but especially in the first half when the game was still up in the air. I think it's his spot to lose now and I hope Darcy locks himself into our team.

There's been noise from Geelong, so we better keep him playing well and get him signed up!

Has been really finding himself at AFL-level again.

Woosha must be surprised by the revelation that playing a young player in their preferred position could meet with success.

- Woosha coaching from the bench
- Used a tagger to stop the oppositions best player
- Put players like Parish and Langford in their proper positions

Woosha is maybe finally starting to coach properly

Want to see how he plays next game.

Zero doubt the wet weather suits him. Not a surprise at all that he's played 2 good games back to back in the wet.

Against Hawthorn at Marvel? Completely different ball game. Play well again there, and I'll be sold. But absolutely keep giving him those midfield minutes.

My Boy starting to hit his straps. With Smith gone for the year and Myers in the VFL he needs to have a big second half of the year. Id like to see him lift his tackling and pressure intensity. Needs to try copy Dev in that aspect.

Had a really rough start to the year but his last five weeks have been really good. Some of his best footy actually and builds upon the form he displayed in the final two months last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back