AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Won't play round 2 due to hamstring awareness - 22/3

03 - parish.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted free agent 2028 or 2029
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 18, doug85

Last edited by a moderator:
His intensity is what's changed the most since coming back in the team, working his way into the play more regularly and picking up more touches as a result. The VFL was the rocket he needed.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure why but i just have the feeling this bloke will play like a man possessed in 2019 and have his best year so far.
Feels that way. Any minute he’s gonna cross the threshold from golden youngster to bald buzzcut badasss.

I suspect this includes him suddenly seeming like a massively built unit and getting 25 + touches week in week out.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't see him becoming a dominant player (ever being a top 50 player in the comp) but i do think he will gradually improve each year and be an important cog in our team.
Top 50 in the comp is elite and he would probably have to be in our top 2 or 3 players to achieve that. Im more thinking he'll get to work next year and cement himself in the 22. Top 10 in the bnf could be a goal for him

Why?

Not why do you have that feeling, but what do you think his reasons might be?
Money maybe? He's been pushed down the pecking order a bit, maybe someone will offer him good money that's hard to pass up?

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
I reckon he has the quickest hands of those in our midfield group and looks to have natural instincts in congestion. With another pre-season he should complement the likes of Shiel, Heppell, Zaharakis, Merrett and Langford very well.

He's also shown some good forward instincts in glimpses, which could be interesting for rotations (e.g. releasing Fantasia and Walla up the field more often).

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
Money maybe? He's been pushed down the pecking order a bit, maybe someone will offer him good money that's hard to pass up?

Nah, he'll want to go back-to-back with EFC in 2020

akiva

Team Captain
Aug 8, 2013
Israel
AFL Club
Essendon
If Parish wants to be the best player he can be, he should stay at the Essendon. Playing along side and learning from top midfielders like Merrett, Shiel, Heppell, Zaharakis and Smith. In a team that (I wouldn't say lack but) could use another contributor in the middle. With the support and guidance of Woosha to maximize his potential, as we've seen the club breed some superb individual performances over the last few seasons.

I believe in his ability. His hands in congestion are super. He likes pulling off those long range pinpoint kicks that show he's bold (and cheeky) has good vision and can become a real damaging kick. This kid has a natural attack on the ball and I can see him becoming a real ball winner.

Back