AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

So why was Parish re-called when Fantasia pulled out?
Next best and ready to go i would imagine.
Other emergencies were Langford, Francis and Draper if i recall.
Langford hasn't played for a while (AFL or VFL), Francis likely there if a defender dropped out, Draper if one of the forwards or TBC went down.

his disposal is a problem. often handballing to a teammate under more pressure than himself.

doesn’t back himself either. he had the pill plenty of times yesterday within 20 meters from goal and his default is to dish it off as soon as he can. in the last quarter he had it 10 meters out and instead of slowing and having a shot, he hand balled to a player deep in the pocket who had a player right on him.

the main concern though is that he hasn’t improved since his debut season.

his disposal is a problem. often handballing to a teammate under more pressure than himself.

doesn’t back himself either. he had the pill plenty of times yesterday within 20 meters from goal and his default is to dish it off as soon as he can. in the last quarter he had it 10 meters out and instead of slowing and having a shot, he hand balled to a player deep in the pocket who had a player right on him.

the main concern though is that he hasn’t improved since his debut season.

Think it'll improve with confidence. He had more composure in his first season then he does now. I expect his jitters with the ball stem from worrying about his place in the side.

He really has to start stepping it up. 59 games now. He is a good player but he can not just continue being just good. Has to find the next level in his game or he ends up being a B grade who does not really play a specific role or make a difference in games.

How a bloke with his size, limited skill set and composure went at pick 5 is astounding! De goey went at pick 5 the year before, that's the sort of return you want from a draft pick that high. Another Dodoro gem!

How a bloke with his size, limited skill set and composure went at pick 5 is astounding! De goey went at pick 5 the year before, that's the sort of return you want from a draft pick that high. Another Dodoro gem!

Not really astounding. He was a dual AA midfielder and one of the better midfielders from one of the weaker drafts for midfielders. His skills and composure are a bit down at the moment . He can and has been much better in that department that is for sure

Was it Charlie Curnow we overlooked?

Curnow was one in the mix and there was a little talk about Daniel Rioli but he was never really considered top ten. Initially I was Parish and Curnow but changed my mind late and went Curnow and Francis before the draft although I was wrong about Curnow being able to play some midfield time which he has not been able to do like he did in the under 18's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curnow was one in the mix and there was a little talk about Daniel Rioli but he was never really considered top ten. Initially I was Parish and Curnow but changed my mind late and went Curnow and Francis before the draft although I was wrong about Curnow being able to play some midfield time which he has not been able to do like he did in the under 18's.

Surely the use of Curnow is out of necessity as much as anything.

If we had drafted him, you'd think that he'd have spent ever second playing midfield.

I wonder whether Oliver was the first option.

25 disposals, 3 tackles and a goal.

Solid effort and made a good fist of his chance with more midfield time. One of our better ones today.
Needs Myers' spot permenantly if he is to flourish @ the EFC. Is definately an inside mid, not a hff not a fp and not a wingman.

Needs Myers' spot permenantly if he is to flourish @ the EFC. Is definately an inside mid, not a hff not a fp and not a wingman.
Was very good, would be angry if he gets dropped.
Cannot agree more.
Seeing Franga, Langford and Parish in the same side with Redman and Ridley made me happy
Carry this on for the rest of the season please. These kids need time and continuity to produce

Really solid game, but you have to question his decision making; no sane man should sport a neckbeard like his.

The more salient point is that he still can’t grow proper facial hair. Once the boy becomes a man we’ve got a serious footballer on our hands

Thought he was close to our best yesterday. Barely wasted a disposal. He just needs to be left in there playing midfield, hopefully at the expense of Myers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back