AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Won't play round 2 due to hamstring awareness - 22/3

03 - parish.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted free agent 2028 or 2029
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 18, doug85

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Quotes from the man himself..

“I love it here,” Parish said ahead of Friday’s must-win clash with Hawthorn at Marvel Stadium.
“I absolutely love the joint … I’m red and black.”
“I have got great relationships with everyone at the club — the players, the coaches and even the staff. I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’ve learnt so much from the relationships I’ve been able to build.”
“I parked it (the contract) for a little bit because there was a little inconsistency in my game,” he said of his initial discussions.
“I was more interested in coming back into the team and performing really strongly for them. That was the focus at that point in time.”

Contract incoming

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I've never seen his impact be so high per posssession. He's always been a player that looks to move it forward instead of sideways when he has the ball but tonight every touch was so impactful. That pickup he did in the forward line where he got the ball out to Fantasia (who got the free and goaled) was amazing. Its hard to believe he's the same guy that in the JLT literally could not pick up a single ball. He is well and truly arriving as a player.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
I've never seen his impact be so high per posssession. He's always been a player that looks to move it forward instead of sideways when he has the ball but tonight every touch was so impactful. That pickup he did in the forward line where he got the ball out to Fantasia (who got the free and goaled) was amazing. Its hard to believe he's the same guy that in the JLT literally could not pick up a single ball. He is well and truly arriving as a player.
Another player with the green light. He mentioned last night something to the effect of being allowed by the coaches to move around stoppages more.

The most interesting thing here, amongst all the tosh, is his reference to Wim Hof. I have been hopeful that our club might be willing to explore his methods. For those who don’t know him, he has an incredible ability to endure extremes due to his self-developed breathing techniques. I’m sure I’ve heard certain players of other clubs mention his work in the past but this is the first Bomber. I would be interested to know if this was definitely a club initiated thing.

Boys worked with him in the preseason. Devon Smith wrote and article on in early.in the year.

I also have read his methods and watched a bit on him. Have always wanted to do the methods more but lack the commitment

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Boys worked with him in the preseason. Devon Smith wrote and article on in early.in the year.

I also have read his methods and watched a bit on him. Have always wanted to do the methods more but lack the commitment
You’ve gotta admire those with the commitment to perfect a discipline. I was right into meditation until I had kids. Ironically that’s when I’ve needed meditation the most.

Hof proves the old adage that there is no limits to what the human body is capable of (if you have the time to commit, and to fortuitously stumble upon the miraculous technique required).

Back