AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst game in 8 weeks is 24 touches and a goal. Bloody hell. Shows how much he’s raised the bar this year.
match sealing goal too.
He was excellent late in the 4th finding the space in the corridor and getting back to impact the ball.

match sealing goal too.
He was excellent late in the 4th finding the space in the corridor and getting back to impact the ball.

We’d have been stoked with that stat line every year until now. All of a sudden it’s a quiet game for him.

He was quality over quantity today. Played a very solid game and stood up when it counted.

We’d have been stoked with that stat line every year until now. All of a sudden it’s a quiet game for him.

He was quality over quantity today. Played a very solid game and stood up when it counted.
Had 10 at halftime then willed his way back into it with a big third notching 11 touches taking things to 21. Just think the way the game may have been played too, Stringer taking the reigns too it was definitely a quality over quantity sort of game for him.

I've watched this game probably 4 times now as I'm getting a bit obsessed zoning in on individual performances about what is working for our future and DP3s game against the hawfs certainly looked this way...

He was very clean, damaging and efficient when he got the ball and something else i noticed was he was doing a fair bit more chain linkining/distribution in this game while Stringer was bullocking inside.

Often he was fed the ball on the edge of the corridor to redistribute it back in or to an attacking position further down the line (a few 1-2 punchings with Merret also allowing Merret to run on further into better positions)

Another thing is his kicking has vastly improved as in his long kicks aren't so much Hail Mary's anymore, instead more strategic ground and space calculated. He is also mastering the flattened out bullet pass too.

Stinger stole most of the thunder in the Taz game for good reason but if you focus in on Darcy, he played a surgical blinder with a bit quieter 4th term but then also bobbed up to kick the match sealer.

His transformation this year is absoulutley mind blowing!

i guess now the paths have finally converged...2 midfield kids taken in the same draft side by side. Oliver and Parish.

Oliver strode out to an early lead while darce floundered a little but hes come fast at a rate of knots, so much so both players are now top 3 brownlow fancies and will face up to each other on Saturday night as equals again.

Looking forward to the contest! Oliver is a mighty foe inside but parish has the extra outside bow now, the dynamic may have shifted considerably

i guess now the paths have finally converged...2 midfield kids taken in the same draft side by side. Oliver and Parish.

Oliver strode out to an early lead while darce floundered a little but hes come fast at a rate of knots, so much so both players are now top 3 brownlow fancies and will face up to each other on Saturday night as equals again.

Looking forward to the contest! Oliver is a mighty foe inside but parish has the extra outside bow now, the dynamic may have shifted considerably

Haha you and I had such an Oliver boner in that draft too. I remember our discussions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those centre bounce clearances...for absolute eggs. Christ did he dominate there, but he either needs to get more depth on his disposal or the forwards need to do something.

After tonight assuming he gets 10 votes I think he must be 4th in the AFLCA champion player of the year.

Richmond and Gold Coast played last night: Dusty is the only Richmond player on the leaderboard, he's a long way off. Touk Miller was best on last night (thx eth), so he'd be 3rd, one vote ahead of Parish. Geelong don't have anyone on there, so that's a non-starter. Everyone else on that board is still to play this week.

So of those near the top and still to play, Bont has 11 votes on him, Oliver has 6, so they both stay ahead even if they don't get votes this weekend. Wines and Walsh could be ahead of him after this round if they have good games, and if McCluggage also gets 10 they'd be equal 4th. So those are the ones on Brownlow watch as it stands I suppose.

🤔 Carn Darcy!

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 22.49.52.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back