AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

It can come out of nowhere... just like a massive child support debt that you didn't realise you had accrued

FWIW when I saw this photo of Darcy & partner I thought they looked a good fit.
She seems pleasant and DP3 actually scrubs up nice in the suit, plus the lighting really diminishes the negatives of the neckbeard.

Pretty sure her brother is Tanner Stanton, played a bit for North’s VFL side. Old man is a local coach who’s been around the traps a bit. Family is mentally North Melbourne. Think she’s turning them slowly.

I think about to take his game to the next level. Will be mentioned amongst star midfielders by seasons end. Looking forward to a cracker from him!

Go Dons!
Has the potential to, but needs to use it a lot better than he did last night. I cant believe the stats sheet because watching the game it looked like he had a shocker.

I don't understand why people don't like him rotating forward. He has an impact up there, and goal kicking mids are worth their weight in gold.

Someone mentioned the flow-on effects of having Dev back. Parish really started to hit his straps towards the end of last year, getting in and getting the ball out. With Dev's return we might see more of that and better.

I don't understand why people don't like him rotating forward. He has an impact up there, and goal kicking mids are worth their weight in gold.
I agree with this, he often displays good goal awareness and forward nous.

If we can up our forward pressure to cause more F50 stoppages then his value rotating forward increases even more.

If we can up our forward pressure to cause more F50 stoppages then his value rotating forward increases even more.
Plus it means we're less likely to have the midget brigade in the middle

He’s a tough foot soldier with fast hands and a workhorse mentality.

So what if he turns it over here and there. No different to many others.

His other 27 disposals will be generally productive.

He’s now got the body and weight to fully compete and not get pushed around anymore.

expecting a massive year for him and his contribution to the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just think this time last year he was dropped for round 1. Leaps and bounds this kid. Gonna be quite the player in 18 months.

Just needs to tighten up some of his kicks. Just seems to be prone to turning it over in the middle of the ground a few times a game. Apart form that he is going well.

Injured? Spent the least amount of time playing from our team. Virtually unsighted in the second half. Need guys with his age and experience to be doing more to influence tight games. Was expecting and hoping for really big things this year.
Yeah I don't understand why, during a preseason where he revelled alongside McGrath playing more of an inside role, he suddenly wasn't. Merret is cleaner by foot than Parish. Surely Parish digs and players like Merret and Shiel distribute.

Yeah I don't understand why, during a preseason where he revelled alongside McGrath playing more of an inside role, he suddenly wasn't. Merret is cleaner by foot than Parish. Surely Parish digs and players like Merret and Shiel distribute.
Do you know if he played much midfield time..or was he more forward with our makeshift forwardline..he has been a bit of a goalkicker in the past and maybe he was asked to play a different role?..I did not really notice him so I am not sure.

Do you know if he played much midfield time..or was he more forward with our makeshift forwardline..he has been a bit of a goalkicker in the past and maybe he was asked to play a different role?..I did not really notice him so I am not sure.
I only listened to the radio call, but from what I can gather he played outside and was on the bench a lot. Seems a wasted spot if he's carrying something - Clarke might be a wiser choice.

He was good last year playing as a midfielder/ forward. As crazy as this might sound, we actually have some depth rotating through. Smith, Shiel, Merrett, Mcgrath and Parish all have the ability to get their hands dirty and of course the captain when he is up and running again can chop out as well.

He was good last year playing as a midfielder/ forward. As crazy as this might sound, we actually have some depth rotating through. Smith, Shiel, Merrett, Mcgrath and Parish all have the ability to get their hands dirty and of course the captain when he is up and running again can chop out as well.

Wonder if we’d be better suited as a team giving giving Merrett and Smith more time at Half forward then give Parish that extra onball time.

Wonder if we’d be better suited as a team giving giving Merrett and Smith more time at Half forward then give Parish that extra onball time.

I am not sure that it is a better outcome for the team but if we're committed to Parish going forward, and clearly we are, he needs to be high up in the midfield rotation.

He's an accumulator and plays his best footy when on-ball chasing kicks (and I don't mean that in a derogatory sense). He has
good instincts to finish around goal but that this is not the same things as him being able to play as a small forward or lead up forward.

He doesn't have the run or the quality of disposal to play in outside or running role. Assuming with Fantasia, Tippa and Smith all playing that he's not going to get that many looks at goal. I don't like the idea of Parish at less than 20 touches. He's not going to influence a game that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back