AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said it before, will say it again, Ben Cousins mk II. Love the kid and genuinely think he's under appreciated by the masses. Seriously thinking about getting my son a jumper with a 3 on it. I loved the big fish growing up, wanted gumby to be what he could've been and now think Darce is growing into a ripper.

I'll pretend Hennemann didn't exist for a bit
Been in a good paddock, big Az Hennemann

strange, I must be the only one that completely expected this
Nope, you're not alone.

We are brothers in both Parish expectations and obscure Simpsons references. D_P_S too.

Give him the keys to the midfield (along with Heppell).

Won't be judging him off one game, but let's see what he's got. Seems like the type of guy that would thrive with this opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has an unwavering commitment to win the ball through congestion and come out the other side hell-bent on going straight inside 50. He's only going to get better.

I was watching the Adelaide game last night & blonde locks aside, any chance he ends being a similar player to Rory Sloane?
Similar pace & size, loves the contested stuff, bit of campaigner about him & can kick goals.. I'd never really thought of it until last night.

I was watching the Adelaide game last night & blonde locks aside, any chance he ends being a similar player to Rory Sloane?
Similar pace & size, loves the contested stuff, bit of campaigner about him & can kick goals.. I'd never really thought of it until last night.
Parish is a bit more outside than Sloane but can definitely see it

Reckon Parish is faster than Sloane and has better kicking skills.

Sloane for his first 2-3 years made his name by being at the bottom of every pack and by tackling anybody that came within arms reach.

I don't see the comparison other than the blonde hair and the fact both are complete and utter guns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back