AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Won't play round 2 due to hamstring awareness - 22/3

03 - parish.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted free agent 2028 or 2029
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 18, doug85

Last edited by a moderator:

YoboD

Senior List
Aug 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Fun Fact: There are more flags on the moon than there are in Fremantles Premiership cabinet.

Come back when you've actually achieved something of significance at any point.

Can’t blame the guy after seeing this, if I followed a team that had accomplished absolutely nothing in its entire history like Fremantle I’d probably be a little delusional too.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't know what to expect from Parish next year except that he'll be good. I still think of him as someone who will be at his most effective on the outside but if he's getting towards his senior playing weight that may change. The good thing is that he can genuinely influence games inside and out/on a wing.

There is still so much scope for improvement based on physical development and there is hardly an element of his football that is lacking.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Don't know what to expect from Parish next year except that he'll be good. I still think of him as someone who will be at his most effective on the outside but if he's getting towards his senior playing weight that may change. The good thing is that he can genuinely influence games inside and out/on a wing.

There is still so much scope for improvement based on physical development and there is hardly an element of his football that is lacking.

Feel he is one of the only guys on our list who could carry the ball from inside the contest to the outside. He, Stringer now can grab the ball and run with it.

Would be hopeful that he plays more midfield minutes than out on the wings. He'd be a waste there with his pace

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Seriously expect him to become an elite midfielder within 2 years with his attributes and attitude. Is flying under the radar a bit but he is building beautifully. Parish, Merrett, McGrath are all potential top tier mids in the mould of Sloane et al. Hep, Zaharakis, Smith are all A-grade quality when at their best. Throw in a Stringer for x-factor and you have the core of the most exciting midfield (on potential) we’ve had in my nearly 40 years following the club. We’ve generally been a club with elite talls more so than mids but the modern game demands multiple midfield talent. It’s good to see. Just wish Jobe was still there at his best :(

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Seriously expect him to become an elite midfielder within 2 years with his attributes and attitude. Is flying under the radar a bit but he is building beautifully. Parish, Merrett, McGrath are all potential top tier mids in the mould of Sloane et al. Hep, Zaharakis, Smith are all A-grade quality when at their best. Throw in a Stringer for x-factor and you have the core of the most exciting midfield (on potential) we’ve had in my nearly 40 years following the club. We’ve generally been a club with elite talls more so than mids but the modern game demands multiple midfield talent. It’s good to see. Just wish Jobe was still there at his best :(

Without putting a dampener on it, we desperately need one of our bigger guys (Lav, Langers, Francis, Stringer, Myers) to come on and be even a B - grade inside mid so those smaller mids you mentioned don't get pushed off the ball easily.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Without putting a dampener on it, we desperately need one of our bigger guys (Lav, Langers, Francis, Stringer, Myers) to come on and be even a B - grade inside mid so those smaller mids you mentioned don't get pushed off the ball easily.
I agree, hence why I added the Jobe bit at the end. But I’m probably looking more at The 2018-20 block with potentially 6-7 seriously talented mids in our ranks even without an obvious clearance beast. But the odds of at least one of the bigger guys you mentioned making it is still in our favour. So many options/possibilities and I’m very bullish about Mutch too.

Back