AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone watch him play or just listen to his name being called?

How many times does he use the ball, by hand and foot, resulting in an Essendon player taking clean possession of the thing? I'm not even exaggerating when I say it would be close to 1/3 of the time.

This from a guy who us fundamentally an outside midfielder. Between him, Shiel and Heppell it's not wonder we torch our forwards. The expression "couldn't hit the side of a barn" comes to mind.

If I can post his champion data highlights video for the game here, I will.

Last edited:

How many times does he use the ball, by hand and foot, resulting in an Essendon player taking clean possession of the thing? I'm not even exaggerating when I say it would be close to 1/3 of the time.

This from a guy who us fundamentally an outside midfielder. Between him, Shiel and Heppell it's not wonder we torch our forwards. The expression "couldn't hit the side of a barn".

Sure spends a lot of time inside for an outside midfielder

Sure spends a lot of time inside for an outside midfielder

Really bulldozing his way through Park, Kennedy and co, right?

He came into the game in the last essentially as a half forward roaming free. That has nothing to do with being an inside midfielder.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This from a guy who us fundamentally an outside midfielder. Between him, Shiel and Heppell it's not wonder we torch our forwards. The expression "couldn't hit the side of a barn" comes to mind.

Meh, I listen to his name. I also see his efficiency is around 70-75%. I would say that is a great return. Are you exaggerating? I think so.

Is he your whipping boy? It’s fine if he is, but don’t be unfair with the criticism just after he played a great game. What are you expecting him to be? I know for a fact that his 2019 has been far better than his 2018.

The thought of a genuine inside/outside midfielder that can impact the scoreboard is just too much for Bruno, Darcy has exploded his brain

You are so sure that your beliefs are right that you are actually angry when the team or players you dislike play well.

It won't kill you to acknowledge that sometimes it's okay to be wrong.

My concern is that we sold the farm for Shiel and now Parish is improving he seems to be a very similar player.

Right down to the same concern - disposal by foot.

Can we afford Shiel and Parish to be getting it 50 plus times a game and delivering into our forward 50?

Neither are absolute ball butchers of course but there's a big difference between being ok to ordinary by foot and elite. Meanwhile debate rages at Collingwood as to weather Treloar is of value for this same reason.

Edit; the last 5 minutes of last week summed up Parish for mine. Terrible kick into the middle of the ground, nearly costing us the game, followed by some great play and a goal for us. The best don't do the first part of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back