AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect what will happen is Merrett will leave and we'll end up extending Parish. But unless he improves on the outside, he's definitely the guy in our midfield rotation I would be most keen to move on so we can either bring in a genuine bull or a quality outside player (trade or draft).

As he is currently, he does some things well but it's a narrow skillset as a midfielder that with our lack of midfield balance is exposed further.

54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg

54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg
54531.jpg

It’s the easy targets he misses that really catch the eye
Its fallen off a cliff. In 2016 it was nowhere near this.

Add to that, with our front running game, a turnover from an inside 50 exposes us. If we're gonna have players all running forward with the ball, we cant miss targets, be it players or the goals

Add to that, with our front running game, a turnover from an inside 50 exposes us. If we're gonna have players all running forward with the ball, we cant miss targets, be it players or the goals
I'm not sold on the idea that we all should be running forward of the ball, but if we are, Parish should be one who is. His set shots are solid.

Totally. Every game he will miss at least one 25m chip to a simple target, usually in transition. These days that is literally gifting the opposition a goal.

His ugly inside 50 kicks aren’t great but don’t cost us as much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicks it like he’s under pressure, even when he’s not under pressure. Probably needs to be told to take a little longer before disposing of the ball, and try to keep it under 25 metres.

Not the person you want kicking it long inside 50.

Disgraceful yesterday. But had a lot of mates.

I expect what will happen is Merrett will leave and we'll end up extending Parish. But unless he improves on the outside, he's definitely the guy in our midfield rotation I would be most keen to move on so we can either bring in a genuine bull or a quality outside player (trade or draft).

As he is currently, he does some things well but it's a narrow skillset as a midfielder that with our lack of midfield balance is exposed further.
Could we turn him into a run-with player?

What would we get for him now? Surely would have to be worth more than a Caldwell, but obviously not a high end pick either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back