AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

it’s funny that every one remembers the bad disposals but forget how many destructive and efficient disposals he had. He ain’t far away this kid
I’m a Parish fan but he needs consistency and he needs to hit targets by foot.

He’s 24 soon with nearly 100 games to his name, he should be hitting his straps very soon.

I’m a Parish fan but he needs consistency and he needs to hit targets by foot.

He’s 24 soon with nearly 100 games to his name, he should be hitting his straps very soon.

Today he has demonstrated a 4 qtr effort and performance. Funny that occurred when Shiel
wasn’t playing.

What would it take for some one like yourself to consider the likes of Parish to ‘hit his straps’?

Today he has demonstrated a 4 qtr effort and performance. Funny that occurred when Shiel
wasn’t playing.

What would it take for some one like yourself to consider the likes of Parish to ‘hit his straps’?
He was great. Not sure what bagging out one of our other players achieves.

The cross field kick early in the last quarter highlighted where he has to improve. If he sits it 2 meters in front then we run onto it. It seems that he just struggles a bit in being able to put the ball to advantage rather than sitting the ball on players heads.
Super game and it showed just how good he can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was great. Not sure what bagging out one of our other players achieves.

I apologise if that’s the way you interpretEd my comments because Shiel is a great player no doubt. But in assessing any game it unfortunately involves comparing young men/women on performances and it was in my limited abilities that I have assessed Parish more valuable than Shiel as that inside player. Opinion only with no malice at allmate.

I apologise if that’s the way you interpretEd my comments because Shiel is a great player no doubt. But in assessing any game it unfortunately involves comparing young men/women on performances and it was in my limited abilities that I have assessed Parish more valuable than Shiel as that inside player. Opinion only with no malice at allmate.
Can we push Shiel to a wing whenever he comes back?

I took it to mean Shiel is preferred and without him Parish gets more minutes in the centre and can be more involved?
Well Shield has been ranked as elite in center clearance for 5 years now and has been in the league top 10 clearance players for a while as well. Maybe it is not him that needed to step out of the way.

Yep play the bloke who has a career elite rating at center clearances on a wing. Not saying Parish should not be there ust saying Shiel is a proven center clearance gun.

Yep play the bloke who has a career elite rating at center clearances on a wing. Not saying Parish should not be there ust saying Shiel is a proven center clearance gun.

That may be so, but things never stay the same and things always change.

10 clearances. Brained em

Hope he does it again under pressure, unfortunately there was very little out there tonight.

I dunno, don’t wanna be a downer but that was one of the weakest performances from an opponent we’ve seen in some time. The Saints did not show up at all tonight. Coincidence that Parish has perhaps the best game of his career?

Please just leave him in the guts to do it again

Natural ball winning midfielder goes into the midfield and wins plenty of ball.

Wow.

I said in the post game thread that you can forgive the few disposal errors by foot when his work in close offers so much.

Just release him and let him thrive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back