AFLW Player # 3: Daria Bannister - ACL rupture confirmed, going in for surgery - 16/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Bannister will also line up in the Bombers' inaugural team, with the Tasmanian joining the club from North Melbourne.

A talented forward, Bannister spent most of her first three seasons at AFLW level on the sidelines, having to overcome multiple injuries.

Over the past two seasons, Bannister has played 21 games, taking her career total to 25, establishing a strong presence up forward and regularly hitting the scoreboard.

That was worse than the tackle, but not worth a week either. Imagine if either decision happened in the mens game after a preliminary final?
I think the policy is a bit different because they don’t earn as much, so it preferences match penalties over financial sanctions. But idk if that’s exactly still the case given Katie Brennan contested it a while ago

I think the policy is a bit different because they don’t earn as much, so it preferences match penalties over financial sanctions. But idk if that’s exactly still the case given Katie Brennan contested it a while ago
looking at the list of sanctions earlier, there were a bunch of $400 and $700 fines. So the financial sanctions are there, no idea if they have a different threshold though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge out. She's been in our top 3 most important players I'd say.
Presumably Fede Frew gets a second chance, not ideal circumstances though. Also Vogt has to come back in so might be a straight replacement, although they’re slightly different players (there’s also the opportunity to rotate with Tierney). Will make a preview thread tomorrow

Vote for Daz for Goal of the Year!

Wet and windy weather, off balance, barely has control of the ball and under pressure, in the pocket, facing the wrong way… and yet 😍😍😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back