Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Dion

May you stay healthy and have a successful career at the tigers.

Ps. dont listen to all the campaigners sooking, youre a gun so go out and show it
They wont be sooking in round one, they will be wetting their pants in excitement

When was the last time Richmond traded in a truly gun player?

Don't answer that btw it's rhetorical and I'm too tired to remember anyone

Best player traded in since Nathan Brown. Let's hope Dion's days of injury are behind him and he can live up to the expectations. Barring his recent injuries is worth every bit of pick 6 IMO. GUN!

While I am not happy with the deal at the moment, (this may change with Caddy if he comes) he is a gun when fully fit. An absolute nuggety type of midfielder, something we have lacked since Daniel Jackson retired.

Welcome to the family, Dion!

Our midfield was made instantly better about an hour ago.
Welcome Presty.
(get Caddy into the midfield and get Nankervis bashing blokes brains in up forward and who knows?)

Welcome to the club Dion, I was in the keep pick 6 camp but none the less you're a now and I'm fully behind you.

Calmed down a bit now.

Welcome to the club, I watched every game you played this year and you are a solid player. Here's hoping your knees don't fall apart and you play 200 games for us.

Prove me wrong please Dion.

I posted this in the Prestia thread, but the HUN link expired (shits me when that happens) before he was injured he was in the elite category for clearances and meters gained, only 2 players averaged more of both, Dangerfield and I forgot the other.

[Edit, I wish I could find it, it's here somewhere on the Richmond board. Memory has it I actually took a pic of the HUN article and posted it.]

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in the Prestia thread, but the HUN link expired (shits me when that happens) before he was injured he was in the elite category for clearances and meters gained, only 2 players averaged more of both, Dangerfield and I forgot the other.
Some guy that wears #4?

thats-a-spicy-meatball-meme.jpg

Despite all the negativity about giving up pick 6, Dion is a gun and will instantly improve our midfield. He's a little nugget with a lot of pace and can actually lay a tackle. He's a 25 touch a game midfielder who will have more opportunity to get off the chain with Cotchin and Martin copping all the attention, rather than being 1st tagged or 2nd after Ablett.

Reading some of the comments on him in the trade thread I'm certain 90% of posters have never seen him play. As much as we're unhappy with the trade, I think he'll change some minds next year. He is a gun.

Good luck Dion.

Done deal...

Welcome Prestia, and all the best at Tiger land

Won't get negative in this thread, well not towards you anyway after all you are now a Tiger

Some people will make you believe that Prestia is a spud on here.

I for one am happy about this acquisition. If he brings his game here and helps share the load alongside Dusty, Cotchin and potentially Caddy, we are setting up for a solid midfield.

Could have tried getting him for less but it is what it is

Welcome Dion, interestingly his arrival as a vice Captain (GS) may pay dividends in the future for players wanting to "go home".......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back