Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you expect every pick 40 to become a star midfielder do you?

The thread is about Prestia anyways, and he is a star carrying a major injury.

Next year if there fit and firing we will have Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Vlastuin, Grigg and Caddy as the main midfielders.

That is a pretty good midfield, if we want to draft or recruit one then fine they can do that.

So what major injury is Prestia carrying??

Your response has nothing to do with your ambitious or desperate suggestion that you made.Seems like you're suffering the effects from being schooled about a month or so ago by me and it is showing what a shallow or insecure individual you maybe as why would anybody even think like this is mind blowing.

Okie dokie, good one, carry on

Do you expect every pick 40 to become a star midfielder do you?

The thread is about Prestia anyways, and he is a star carrying a major injury.

Next year if there fit and firing we will have Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Vlastuin, Grigg and Caddy as the main midfielders.

That is a pretty good midfield, if we want to draft or recruit one then fine they can do that.
HT expects Graham at pick 53 too. IT's more about the names traded in to play midfield. If you're trading in ready made players to play midfield then you better nail them especially if they take up picks.I thought this was enough to suggest we were talking about Prestia. Also i was answering to your concerns:

What do you consider Rioli, Markov and Vlastuin?

Not promising elite talent?

Rioli has a great chance and is tracking well. Vlastuin will be a solid c-grader, but doesn't look like he'll take the next step to play midfield and is a glorified plodder. Markov could be a c-grader, but has a lot of work to do on his skills under pressure.
Rather keep Vlas in the backline to be honest.Looks more settled with him there.

Rioli will do well to exceed Shed's career .
Don't see Vlaustin improving beyond his current output whilst markov will be lucky to get another contract or 20 games.
Rioli no doubt the pick of them however it is currently the worst crop of developing midfielders the club has had in 30 years.
The club has had a Knights, Campbell , Chaffey, Foley , Coughlan , Deledio , Cotchin or Martin in the wings and developing.
We currently don't have a developing mid that looks like matching the output of Chris Hyde far less being elite .
Looking at the list of young midfielders we have, you may be right. If we continue on this trajectory I won't be surprised if we end up with the worst midfield in the competition in a couple of years.

We need to hit the draft. We can't give away a first-rounder this year like we did last year, let alone 2 for Schache. If Dusty opts to leave at the end of the year and we get 2 first-round picks in return, then we would have 4 first-round draft picks.

I'd use them all in the 2017 draft and give away none. Bring in 2 KPFs if appropriate and 2 tall midfielders.

Rioli will do well to exceed Shed's career .
Don't see Vlaustin improving beyond his current output whilst markov will be lucky to get another contract or 20 games.
Rioli no doubt the pick of them however it is currently the worst crop of developing midfielders the club has had in 30 years.
The club has had a Knights, Campbell , Chaffey, Foley , Coughlan , Deledio , Cotchin or Martin in the wings and developing.
We currently don't have a developing mid that looks like matching the output of Chris Hyde far less being elite .
It's a real worry. I think the club was hoping C.Ellis or Menadue would be the ones to step up but neither of them look like getting anywhere near it.

i reckon prestia will come good. however, if the year goes as I think it will, we most likely will have a mini clean out at year end to get rid of the new generation of list cloggers masquerding as depth - townsend, batchelor, morris, hunt. + conca who is cooked

It's a real worry. I think the club was hoping C.Ellis or Menadue would be the ones to step up but neither of them look like getting anywhere near it.

Menadues first 3 quarters were up there with the best of his career on the weekend I though.

Also like Prestia and our midfield is a lot stronger with him in there. Is a terrible kick though. That out of bounds on the full on the wing was a shocker!

obviously makes our midfield stronger around the contest. just wish he could tidy up his kicking a lot. just needs to keep it simple more, know his limitations

There is only 1 person to blame for our lack of quality and depth ............ Francis F Jackson

For way too long this bloke had the entire Richmond football clubs destiny in his hands, I have been saying it now for 10 years that he is hopeless and totally out of his depth.

Just have a good look at some of the new players that sydney have found in the draft even finishing so high on the ladder they have found some real guns
Geelong,Adelaide,Essendon have all done exceptionally well

i reckon prestia will come good. however, if the year goes as I think it will, we most likely will have a mini clean out at year end to get rid of the new generation of list cloggers masquerding as depth - townsend, batchelor, morris, hunt. + conca who is cooked
Yea and trump will come good too my Nile arse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markov's going to become elite? lol....

Yeah if developed properly I think he could, has plenty of natural talent and is an excellent ball user.

He is starting to get better in one on one situations as well, which is his biggest issue at the moment.

Conca got 2 years left on his contract.

Reece is just bad luck, the guy can play. Body's shot though.
Sad yes , but he's played under 20 games in three years. We've been in mourning about his body for years. Yet he's still on the list
and this is what ruins clubs by keeping guys on rather than cutting them.
Knights
Hampson
Yarran
Petterd
Foley
Kelvin Moore ..........
and now Prestia

Can Reece really play to the elite levels of Heppell ? He's played under ten good games for the club and five were this year when Balme ruffled his feathers up on a miserly based contract .
His disposal was still meh and due to his body being so frail he's basically a walking time bomb. Rumours are he MAY struggle to play again which is terrible , but not unexpected considering the severity of his injury.

Sad yes , but he's played under 20 games in three years. We've been in mourning about his body for years. Yet he's still on the list
and this is what ruins clubs by keeping guys on rather than cutting them.
Knights
Hampson
Yarran
Petterd
Foley
Kelvin Moore ..........
and now Prestia

Can Reece really play to the elite levels of Heppell ? He's played under ten good games for the club and five were this year when Balme ruffled his feathers up on a miserly based contract .
His disposal was still meh and due to his body being so frail he's basically a walking time bomb. Rumours are he MAY struggle to play again which is terrible , but not unexpected considering the severity of his injury.
I was surprised by the extension he got but in heavy traffic he's excellent. Sadly it's another bad decision as his body isn't up to it.

Want him back? I'd take half of what we gave for him.
Pick 3?

In my eyes Prestia for 6 was too steep, we should have got Prestia + second rounder for 6. Instead we gave 6 + a second rounder.
We got Prestia + second rounder for 6 + a second rounder. We got pick 24 last year and look like giving up pick 30-odd this year, so another way to look at it is we gave pick 6 for Prestia plus an upgrade of our second rounder, a year delayed. Or look at the package and say we got Prestia and Caddy for picks 6 + 30-odd.

seen some good signs from prestia's handballing and decision making will certainly be good for us in clearances but wtf is with his field kicking atm? most of them are shanks or go straight up it's worse than under 10's at times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back