Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

The real loss for mime was Oliver.
Played VFL for the club and was right under their noses.
Instead of cutting Vickery and trying to couple it with our second round pick to elevate our position in the draft .
We used our second on Yarran and kept Vickery for 12 months to long.
Credit where credit's due, you did tell me about him in pm that draft year. You're still a campaigner though.

It's been a disaster so far. I guess we all have to hope he gets a full pre-season and improves dramatically. Which begs the question of why we coughed up so much for an injury prone player in the first place?

Yarran, who carlton posters here said had very big issues told us about what he was going through as soon as we were linked. We still gave up the pick for him....

He's been a disaster so far. Griffin Logue wouldn't have had us scrambling for KPP's so much as we have to now especially with Griffiths looking gone and the realisation that Elton is useless.

It's been a disaster so far. I guess we all have to hope he gets a full pre-season and improves dramatically. Which begs the question of why we coughed up so much for an injury prone player in the first place?

I stand to be proven wrong, but the whole 'he didn't have a full pre-season' will get old quickly when people wake up to the fact Prestia is incapable of having a 'full pre-season'. Hi last four pre-seasons have been interrupted and with significant injury worries that will always impact him, Prestia will always be nursed through the summer to some degree.
It's th same old tired argument that gets wheeled out when people discuss Conca, Lennon, CEllis etc. - just accept some guys will never have a uninterrupted pre-season as they aren't built for it!

Yarran, who carlton posters here said had very big issues told us about what he was going through as soon as we were linked. We still gave up the pick for him....

Where's old mate Rusty Trombone when you need him?
That's right he got banned ;)
He told me Yarran was damaged goods a month or more before we drafted him.
More to the point that info came from ..... Carlton!

Carlton posters were telling us long before a month. These decisions...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAHA I told him midseason after the NB played Coburg he was damaged goods. It was well known he was finished.
He was well known in most pub TABs in the Northern suburbs.

Geez, you only had to read Yarran's bio at the time to know he wasn't worth what traded for him. If an outsider can get that, what the * were they doing in at Clubland?

I like Dion, but it is concerning.

He has been a dominant football player his whole life. His primary function in fact.

He knows how to kick a footy.

So what is going on?

He deadset nearly misses the ball.

I like Dion, but it is concerning.

He has been a dominant football player his whole life. His primary function in fact.

He knows how to kick a footy.

So what is going on?

He deadset nearly misses the ball.

It's all mental. Just needs a couple of tough kicks to come off and he will get some confidence back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back