Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is funny because on 2019 form there’s about four Richmond players that should be AA.

Grimes, Vlaustin, Sheds and Prestia.

Yes, Vlastuin is a great call. He is an elite intercept and rebounding defender nowadays. How anyone would ever even consider the likes of Jake Lloyd or Adam Saad before him is laughable.

Dion Prestia is our most deserving player this year. But unfortunately I fear that his immense consistency is not a sexy enough drawcard for most punters when looking at AA. They will automatically default to that bloke who's had a couple of big Friday night games or has maxed out on supercoach a handful of times, rather than the player who is super reliable and dangerous every week.

Yes, Vlastuin is a great call. He is an elite intercept and rebounding defender nowadays. How anyone would ever even consider the likes of Jake Lloyd or Adam Saad before him is laughable.

Dion Prestia is our most deserving player this year. But unfortunately I fear that his immense consistency is not a sexy enough drawcard for most punters when looking at AA. They will automatically default to that bloke who's had a couple of big Friday night games or has maxed out on supercoach a handful of times, rather than the player who is super reliable and dangerous every week.
I agree with you about Prestia, very similar to why Grimes wasn’t picked last year.

And I’ll be pissed off when Prestia isn’t selected. :(

I just copy n pasted that in a AA thread. what you said about Vlastuin I 100% agree, Also Houli has had a much better year than Saad he is way more consistent and uses the ball 3x better but cause Saad takes it on and bounces 100x he looks flashy or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps had f all effect or are you talking about Dion?
Surprised Cripps even had that much disposals didn't seem to be very effective/damaging

Only 4 clearances is why. 22 handballs. In most games he's doing the give and get, getting the ball back off a handball and setting up a chain. Didn't happen much in this game

Only 4 clearances is why. 22 handballs. In most games he's doing the give and get, getting the ball back off a handball and setting up a chain. Didn't happen much in this game
Reckon Rossy played him well at the stoppage, didn’t allow him that second get or a clean break away

Well something did not happen for Cripps for his 37 possies to have little influence on the outcome of the game! :thumbsu:

Well something did not happen for Cripps for his 37 possies to have little influence on the outcome of the game! :thumbsu:

That was four of the 17 (minimum) centre square bounces, of which the taps over all went roughly at 40% for Nank. I recall during the telecast that Grigg was asked how to play Cripps. His response seemed to suggest exactly what was shown there, let Cripps have a step or two in front of you, with one caveat, and that was if you leave Cripps to go to the ball on his own, it as at your peril. Hence an opponent always front-on play.

Plan seems to be to front-on Cripps and have space between him and another player behind so that his burst away with strength from a stoppage could at least be limited. He has the best reverse out of traffic I have seen in the game. D4 like. 4 clearances suggests it worked a treat. If he can't give the ball he can't get it back and bang his hip though an opponent and start a chain. My read anyway.

Last edited:
I provided you Cripps stats as an example of stats not representing a players influence within a game.

Cripps didn't have a 'disappointing' game and was arguably in the top 5-6 players on the ground. Winning centre and stoppage clearances has a massive affect on a game. Prestia's 5 in a half and 5 Inside 50's was impressive

I provided you Cripps stats as an example of stats not representing a players influence within a game.

By the coaches votes I'm guessing they don't under your wisdom and knowledge either..

Dion was clearly in the best few on ground, if you cant see it fine, just don't argue the contrary when even the coaches voted that way..

Just silly arguing for the sake of arguing..

By the coaches votes I'm guessing they don't under your wisdom and knowledge either..

Dion was clearly in the best few on ground, if you cant see it fine, just don't argue the contrary when even the coaches voted that way..

Just silly arguing for the sake of arguing..
Jumpboff ya pedestal old utensil .

I said he was good early dissapointing in the last half.

No where did I say he wasn't in the best few players over the whole game , whilst if I had that opinion I wouldn't be changing due to coaches votes .

Stop jumping at shadows, read what is actually written.

Jumpboff ya pedestal old utensil .

I said he was good early dissapointing in the last half.

No where did I say he wasn't in the best few players over the whole game , whilst if I had that opinion I wouldn't be changing due to coaches votes .

Stop jumping at shadows, read what is actually written.

So correct me if I'm wrong

He was Good in 1st half, disappointing in 2nd, yet you have not said anywhere he wasn't in best few players over the whole game...

Suggest you read what you have actually written.

Anyhow carry on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back