Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Career best form with Graham

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
So correct me if I'm wrong

He was Good in 1st half, disappointing in 2nd, yet you have not said anywhere he wasn't in best few players over the whole game...

Suggest you read what you have actually written.

Anyhow carry on
Feel free to point out where I wrote / said he wasn't in the best players over the whole game?
Fact is I didn't and unfortunately in your simplistic little mind you are unable to etstablish or accept that not everything is or has to be black or white.

Hot tigers

All Australian
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Feel free to point out where I wrote / said he wasn't in the best players over the whole game?
Fact is I didn't and unfortunately in your simplistic little mind you are unable to etstablish or accept that not everything is or has to be black or white.

You said he was not influential and was poor in second half, nothing to do with black or white that's what you put into print.

You argue like Baghdad bob, its all a little confusing for a 'simplistic little mind'.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
You said he was not influential and was poor in second half, nothing to do with black or white that's what you put into print.

You argue like Baghdad bob, its all a little confusing for a 'simplistic little mind'.
Feel free to show me where I put in print that he was poor and not influential.
Your blantantly making s**t up.

Last edited:

Hot tigers

All Australian
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Feel free to show me where I put in print that he was poor and not influential.
Your blantantly making s**t up.

Conca Cuddle said:
You said Dion was diappointing in the last half and I stated stats that show the contrary. What has Cripps' stats have to do with it?

You then said;
I provided you Cripps stats as an example of stats not representing a players influence within a game.

Call me simple little minded but I see a direct correlation between your comments. If your denying you stated he was poor in second half then reread your own words.

Anyhow that's enough from me as we can play word games all you like, it is what it is.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Conca Cuddle said:
You said Dion was diappointing in the last half and I stated stats that show the contrary. What has Cripps' stats have to do with it?

You then said;
I provided you Cripps stats as an example of stats not representing a players influence within a game.

Call me simple little minded but I see a direct correlation between your comments. If your denying you stated he was poor in second half then reread your own words.

Anyhow that's enough from me as we can play word games all you like, it is what it is.
So I didnt write , say or put in print that he was poor in the second half or that he was non influential , but you came to that conclusion based on my 'dissapointing in second half ' and comments about cripps lack of influence ?
I can't determine how you interpret something , but maybe you should think before accusing someone based on your circumstantial interpretation .
Fwiw I thought prestias form in the last half was no worst than any player , 'dissapointing ' although i thought in the context of the whole game he was very good..
Stats are in no way a direct corelation of a players influence on a game.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
So I didnt write , say or put in print that he was poor in the second half or that he was non influential , but you came to that conclusion based on my 'dissapointing in second half ' and comments about cripps lack of influence ?
I can't determine how you interpret something , but maybe you should think before accusing someone based on your circumstantial interpretation .
Fwiw I thought prestias form in the last half was no worst than any player , 'dissapointing ' although i thought in the context of the whole game he was very good..
Which part of his game was disappointing in your view TRIB?

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Only 4 clearances is why. 22 handballs. In most games he's doing the give and get, getting the ball back off a handball and setting up a chain. Didn't happen much in this game

He didn’t impact the game as much as he did in the first round. We didn’t restrict his touches but limited his influence. It was a good move as it’s really hard to tag him out of it, especially if Carlton go out of their way to feed him it, but he really had no impact on the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot tigers

All Australian
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond

So let me get this straight for all the simple little minds out there.

you said he was disappointing in second half, that doesn't mean he was poor in the second half? Righto

So why did you quote Cripps stats saying lack of influence when someone pointed out Dions stats if you didn't want to suggest Dion was non influential, why not point something else out?

You are dancing around words, at the end of the day you have a right to an opinion just as its our right (91.2% of 250 votes) and especially my right to say your wrong, and as mentioned before the coaches also gave him high votes.

But that's right I'm really sorry, you are dancing around words and wanted to suggest you never used such terms and he may well have been in the bests... Very good you just backtracked to term him.

My god it must have been a heroic performance in the first half if he was disappointing in the second to still be in the bests (or very good as you only just termed).

Being in best 5 one wouldn't normally (for the simple little minded folk) be termed disappointing or compared with a persons stats that you state are non influential..

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
So let me get this straight for all the simple little minds out there.

you said he was disappointing in second half, that doesn't mean he was poor in the second half? Righto

So why did you quote Cripps stats saying lack of influence when someone pointed out Dions stats if you didn't want to suggest Dion was non influential, why not point something else out?

You are dancing around words, at the end of the day you have a right to an opinion just as its our right (91.2% of 250 votes) and especially my right to say your wrong, and as mentioned before the coaches also gave him high votes.

But that's right I'm really sorry, you are dancing around words and wanted to suggest you never used such terms and he may well have been in the bests... Very good you just backtracked to term him.

My god it must have been a heroic performance in the first half if he was disappointing in the second to still be in the bests (or very good as you only just termed).

Being in best 5 one wouldn't normally (for the simple little minded folk) be termed disappointing or compared with a persons stats that you state are non influential..
Cripps stats were used as an example that stats alone are not representative of a players influence in a game.

Now where did I state/ say or write in print that he was poor or non influential.
You wrote that I did that now prove it , stop dancing around it and prove it or be big enough to admitt you were wrong.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Which part of his game was disappointing in your view TRIB?
I thought the whole side was wasteful in the last half , despite the weather could have really put them to the sword in the last half but didn't. Just my opinion but thought it was far from a glowing last half and not a great way to finish off the game going into the next couple of weeks.

Hot tigers

All Australian
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Cripps stats were used as an example that stats alone are not representative of a players influence in a game.

Now where did I state/ say or write in print that he was poor or non influential.
You wrote that I did that now prove it , stop dancing around it and prove it or be big enough to admitt you were wrong.

As above, reread thread if your confused.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought the whole side was wasteful in the last half , despite the weather could have really put them to the sword in the last half but didn't. Just my opinion but thought it was far from a glowing last half and not a great way to finish off the game going into the next couple of weeks.
Completely agree, and we have done this a lot this year. We are comparing 2017 to this year, but we hammered sides in 2nd halves for that year. I would say all players mucked around with the ball, not just dion. Frustrates the hell out of me how many goals we leave on the field thru sheer dumbness!

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Completely agree, and we have done this a lot this year. We are comparing 2017 to this year, but we hammered sides in 2nd halves for that year. I would say all players mucked around with the ball, not just dion. Frustrates the hell out of me how many goals we leave on the field thru sheer dumbness!
Agree and although mindful not derailing this prestia thread , i think some of the younger players in Chol, Stack, and to lesser extent baker have hit the wall . Whilst castagna is a momentum killer and riloi is well below where he was in 2017.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree and although mindful not derailing this prestia thread , i think some of the younger players in Chol, Stack, and to lesser extent baker have hit the wall . Whilst castagna is a momentum killer and riloi is well below where he was in 2017.
This is what happens when new players come into AFL footy, hopefully they can raise their output.

Back