Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

as a victorian everyone is in this together ,dion should know alot better and for some reason i expected more
Like what exactly did he do. You realise that they go to Coles to get something to eat. They go to the pub to get something to drink. It might have been 100m from his home. AFL players live with others who are not always AFL players, so there is intermingling going on to some degree. For all we know that bloke was his house mate, or he possibly dropped his mask for the photo and put it back on, as opposed to the bloke who just went huffing and puffling past him while on a jog with no mask on.

Go to every suburb where there are parks and cafes, you would have thought they were having picnics or at a carnival, all the kids running around, playing parents drinking "coffees" in groups of 5-10 all in their lycra. At night restaurants and bars had people hanging around drinking and all of these were in family suburbs, not in the inner suburbs. Please lets not throw stones in glass houses.

I’m personally pretty angry about this , I’d be getting on front foot and investigating If theres grounds to sack Prestia rescind his contract and put us in the market . Zero tolerance for stupidity and it will cost us more with an 8w suspension , sack him now , I’m sure violating public health act is just cause
Stop being stupid. Jesus Christ what are you Dan Andrews' copycat or something?

as a victorian everyone is in this together ,dion should know alot better and for some reason i expected more

We're not in this together; never have been.
It's lip service from well-paid politicians, who have never had to go without in the last two years, let alone sacrifice a pay cheque.
If we're all in it together and want the problem solved, let's start treating everyone with some sort of equality.
Let's fine a group who went to an engagement party or went on a pub crawl but pretend what the other hundreds and thousands of breachers have done (family gatherings, religious gatherings) is inconsequential and it's more important, as Dan says, 'that they tell us their story'.
If we are in it together, how about some consistency in treatment of people and consistency in the rules and fines being applied.

Do our players not understand COVID restrictions or do they just not care? Otherwise, why does this happen so much more than some other teams?

If anyone defends Dion, one of the big reasons why we are in this soft cap position is because of fines associated with COVID breaches. The league takes it seriously and then we hear about this? Like c’mon Dion.

Regardless of whether we or the players agree with the restrictions or not, the fact is that this will reflect badly on the club and we’ve copped enough already for things like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do our players not understand COVID restrictions or do they just not care? Otherwise, why does this happen so much more than some other teams?

If anyone defends Dion, one of the big reasons why we are in this soft cap position is because of fines associated with COVID breaches. The league takes it seriously and then we hear about this? Like c’mon Dion.

Regardless of whether we or the players agree with the restrictions or not, the fact is that this will reflect badly on the club and we’ve copped enough already for things like that.
He did nothing wrong !!!!!!!!

If he did nothing wrong, why are people making such a big deal out of this man. Far out, they got me all worked up for nothing. I sincerely apologise to Dion for my assumptions.

The drama when a Richmond player is involved in things like this is over-the-top and ridiculous.

If he did nothing wrong, why are people making such a big deal out of this man. Far out, they got me all worked up for nothing. I sincerely apologise to Dion for my assumptions.

The drama when a Richmond player is involved in things like this is over the top and ridiculous.

I agree mate, wholeheartedly. 👍🏽

Why are people having a go at him when there's no evidence that he did anything wrong?

Would have thought all our supporters would back the club and players all the way in any situation until they are proven to be in the wrong, not be calling for suspension and fines straight away.

The players are under strict protocols while the season is still being played. That is why it wasn't just brushed aside and the club/AFL asked questions about the situation. As a result they quickly found that he didn't do anything wrong as per the government guidelines, but he may well have come close to breaching the AFL protocols regarding players being Covid safe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back