3 disgraced cricketers, one recurring voice

Should they just shut up and stay out of the media?

• Yes

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Get stuffed!

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The people who keep declaring that they will never support the team again if any of the banned players are picked again are hilarious. Like Australia is in a position not to pick their best players. And if that is the way you feel then don't let the door hit you on the way out :thumbsu:

And if the crowds are anything to go by this summer then a lot of these do-gooders haven't been showing up anyways. Funny how we were told that the whole nation was in an uproar and wanted the players banned but the crowds are been s**t. You would have thought people would get behind the team after getting what they wanted. Really makes you think.

Last edited:
It is about time someone in the know actually posted about Warner

Here goes...

Warner did not piss off the field in the club game a few months ago due to Jason Hughes labeling him a 'disgrace'

Jason Hughes went hard at Warner posthumously becoming friends with his brother, Phillip.

Therefore, Warner is somehow the lowest of the low. Pretending to either give a crap or be friends with a bloke that has just become brain-dead as he is carted off the field.

Furthermore, Warner does not care about the team. The only reason he plays test cricket is to increase his potential advertising gain both home and abroad, hence the dumb jump in the air (Toyota) or the carrrrdoooons (Oled TVs)

Oh and do not shoot the messenger. Blame a team-mate of Jason Hughes.

Fact remains, there is a special place in hell for Warner.
most professional sportsman are _c nuts. you need to be a solipsistic egomaniac to battle the playing field in pro sport, you have to be a bit of a _c nut.

So I don't see DW as any different to his cohorts. Simon Doull on SEN's Sporting Capital put it best, I wish they had that Jack Heverin interview still up, he said he thought the Australians were better than that, and they just threw the three under the bus, and even more so DW.

I think the ignorant and naive public should look in the mirror. They wanted the freekin scalps.

It is like Bernie Tomic (see: Nick Kyrgios*), the public NEED him to win tennis matches to feel validated for their sad little jingoistic lives, and Bernie like MarkScudPhilippoussis just wants to bang groupies and drive his Ferrari.
I am for the freedoms Bernie can indulge in, he needs not to win a tennis match for me.

They love DW when the cricket team is flying and when he is making a ton off 90 balls in the first session of a test match.

Dont blame DW for Hughes' death. I know you ARE NOT doing that, but you seek to conflate two things for your argument. That was a sport accident, but there are a hundred deaths on building sites in Australia every year, and I dont hear you issue a hagiography for those blue collar deaths #plantivefallacywarning

So you played district cricket with Phil's brother in Sydney district cricket? #respect for your level of skill and acumen at the game. But you would also know that all that exist at the highest reaches of the sport do have a bit of pudenda* in them and that the media like to tell porkies and wield fables of derring do and knighthood tales of brave masculinity. It aint true.

*lol Dawn Fraser on Kyrgios. stupid old hag

*pudenda is plural, it would have been grammatically correct to use the singular pudendum pleonasm
Snake_Baker

Last edited:

"milquetoast pusillanimous tv reporter ..."

Brilliant description! I call him Jimmy Olsen, the office boy who rose in status by association with people of more gravitas.
there will always be received accent radio announcers for Grandstand on ABC. Sport needs all the Tim Lanes of the world. The lame Tim Lanes that is. And his daughter. What you see, what you are looking at is the second iteration of Tim Lane in Whately. For chrissakes he pens tomes* on anthropomorphised knags for chrissakes pleonasm.

*not a tome, not thick enough to be a thick book, but the phonetics work for artistic licence, the artistic appellation adjective is indeed a stretch. And knags aint spelling of nags horse, but I prefer it spelled with a k. so it is strictly one's solipsistic neologism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Received_Pronunciation

Last edited:
Did I say that? This board is such a joke, can't have a decent discussion with anyone. I offered an explanation of why some think it significant and you just want to argue ad hominem no surprise.

I wasn't sure whether you were saying it or not, which is why I said if. It was entirely said in good faith.
The argument still holds for those that did hold them up in that way - it's their problem.

If you were among those holding up Australian cricketers as moral arbiters, then that is your problem.
Did I say that? This board is such a joke, can't have a decent discussion with anyone. I offered an explanation of why some think it significant and you just want to argue ad hominem no surprise.
but why would one seek to sublimate autonomy(defer) to others, and see any governing body as voice of reason, as expedient as any. And I think the St James ethics centre Tasmanian teacher who went to Oxford as similarly deluded.

The paradox I advocate is having some insight into a hard-nosed cut-throat environs of pro sport and the team-room, and knowing that the bottle tops prolly started before Pakistan and Imram and Akram and Waqar. But once the game was started, we are not to play with the same fire? How does one reconcile this ethical paradox? For starters, you need to have been inside a team at the highest level to know the pressures and mores and norms that exist, not the ignorance of the public baying for blood. I take Bernie Tomic wrong sport, before the naifs that exist who call for heads. You wont hear a perfect truth, I am not talking a truth that sates, a truth that you can reconcile. What is best, is a truth, that trends to perfect information. We wont get that, because all the actors (and their Madison motivated self-interested solipsism) are under control of the social mores and norms of the time, so you will get the BS filter of Burson Marsteller crisis communications so Bancroft and Smith are schooled and coached to an enth of their existence wrt autonomy. There is no palatable truth in the d'affaire Saffa *pleonasm. There is mere spectrum to full information. One will always maintain a degree of ignorance on matters unkown to them(a solipsism?), and I stress I am obvious candidate also. I never played and competed in high-level sport. I was crap. So #respect to those that do.

evo would say I am a bit soft, but I thought more of Candice Falzon in the airports, just paying the price of Murdoch tabloids for goodtimes with SBW. That was Murdoch giving the Saffa public and me material to troll with. But she was more innocent than any other.

Last edited:
But won't somebody think of the children?????
yes, the #plaintivefallacy. I just admittted tho, I was party to that, as I thought of Falzon before Warner. I think this was a storm in a teacup like the weight-of-nation on Bernie Tomic and Nick Kyrgios. Just f off and play your own sport in the park. simple.

The people who keep declaring that they will never support the team again if any of the banned players are picked again are hilarious. Like Australia is in a position not to pick their best players. And if that is the way you feel then don't let the door hit you on the way out :thumbsu:

And if the crowds are anything to go by this summer then a lot of these do-gooders haven't been showing up anyways. Funny how we were told that the whole nation was in an uproar and wanted the players banned but the crowds are been s**t. You would have thought people would get behind the team after getting what they wanted. Really makes you think.

It is no surprise. The suits at Cricket Australia decided to place this ridiculously long ban on our only two class batsmen and practically present this series to India on a platter. And then in their arrogance assume the cricket public would back them and turn out to watch this batting lineup of no-hopers. India is making history this summer thanks to Cricket Australia, I hope they're satisfied.

most professional sportsman are _c nuts. you need to be a solipsistic egomaniac to battle the playing field in pro sport, you have to be a bit of a _c nut.

So I don't see DW as any different to his cohorts. Simon Doull on SEN's Sporting Capital put it best, I wish they had that Jack Heverin interview still up, he said he thought the Australians were better than that, and they just threw the three under the bus, and even more so DW.

I think the ignorant and naive public should look in the mirror. They wanted the freekin scalps.

It is like Bernie Tomic, the public NEED him to win tennis matches to feel validated for their sad little jingoistic lives, and Bernie like MarkScudPhilippoussis just wants to bang groupies and drive his Ferrari.
I am for the freedoms Bernie can indulge in, he needs not to win a tennis match for me.

They love DW when the cricket team is flying and when he is making a ton off 90 balls in the first session of a test match.

Dont blame DW for Hughes' death. I know you ARE NOT doing that, but you seek to conflate two things for your argument. That was a sport accident, but there are a hundred deaths on building sites in Australia every year, and I dont hear you issue a hagiography for those blue collar deaths #plantivefallacywarning

So you played district cricket with Phil's brother in Sydney district cricket? #respect for your level of skill and acumen at the game. But you would also know that all that exist at the highest reaches of the sport do have a bit of pudenda* in them and that the media like to tell porkies and wield fables or derring do and knighthood tales of brave masculinity. It aint true.

*pudenda is plural, it would have been grammatically correct to use the singular pudendum pleonasm
Snake_Baker

Oh goodness. You are using silly words.

Who cares about Tomic and the Skud? This is about Warner. We are not playing pretend shrink here, getting in the minds of blokes we do not know and have never met.

We are not discussing building sites or deaths either.

Nobody is blaming Warner for Hughes death.

People need to know that the family knows that Warner was never a friend of Phillip prior. He became a friend of Phillip for media tartiness, thus becoming one of the biggest pieces of s**t going around. He wanted to be seen to be upset over his passing.

Who cares about Tomic and the Skud? This is about Warner. We are not playing pretend shrink here, getting in the minds of blokes we do not know and have never met.

People need to know that the family knows that Warner was never a friend of Phillip prior. He became a friend of Phillip for media tartiness, thus becoming one of the biggest pieces of s**t going around. He wanted to be seen to be upset over his passing.
I have little time for Warner as a rule, but why should people unquestioningly accept your word on this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

navel gazing muppets.

why don't some commentators in the media say this was so damn obvious they went through some extended media burson marsteller crisis management training.

It was like they had done the Big Tobacco class action mea culpa.

Look at yourselves Australian Public too, you wanted this hand-wringing charade, they gave it to you in spades.

Dave Warner ftw. ferk em all DW, show em up as the muppets they are.

Why did no one mention that Dave Warner was copping it in spades because his ironwoman wife Candice Falzon's interlude with SBW in the privy at the Bondi pub meant DW was having his earcanals blasted by Saffa public and players. The Saffa cameramen and tv producers and editors have specific instruction to focus on the ball when it was going back to the bowler in the Australian bowling, because of suspicions.*

No one has the balls to mention the bowlers and Starc in particular getting the ball to go Irish, or reverse it, in the tenth over? About 55 overs before the Pakistani cricketers Waqar and Akram and Imran got the ball to reverse when they had the bottle tops at their disposal.

references:Brett Geeves and Simon Doull. Both represented their nations, Australia, plus New Zealand with the ball. They are marginal commentators, these links and this copy does flirt with click-bait status, as it does seek to inflate controversy. They are competing for air to have their copy and names out their in the media. But there is still a truth in what they write:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...k=5273d15cf451e2f5b4cc4aa676181da0-1545967536

cant find Doull, just heard him on Sporting Capital on SEN with Jack Heverin. Not if one would only listen to the #succourmom dross of Gerard Whately. He was far better as a milquetoast pusillanimous tv reporter on TEN who got evicted by security in a live cross from Colonial Stadium in 2001. If it was up to GW we would all become girls' blouses eh evo

This is not a pursuit of truth. This is better left to Aaron Sorkin and Jack Nicholson, you my public friend, cant handle the truth. The truth is staring you in the eyes.

*re: cycling. I asked Matt Keenan, on twitter albeit, when Vincenzo Nibali (in the Vuelta Espagna) was got done for holding on to his team car for a tow when he needed to make the breakaway climbers on a crucial stage, I asked Keeno if the editors and producers would have shown the footage if Nibali was Spanish or if the rider who was holding the car was Spanish, Valverde or Joaquin Rodriguez, because I said it is my assumption that this footage goes in the can if it was a Spaniard, or Nibali was not Italian but Spanish. Keeno agreed with my premise. Now, this same thing happened in the Herald-Sun Tour circa 2006 when a foreign rider was leading, and just p'raps the timetrial numbers got fudged to make a Victorian win the race! *heavy chinese whispers on this mail, this may not be correct re: HS Tour.
Burson-Marsteller - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burson-Marsteller
Burson-Marsteller is a global public relations and communications firm headquartered in New York City. Burson-Marsteller consists of 77 offices and 85 affiliate ...​

I don't smear the family of the cricketer. That was a tragedy for them. Enough said.

The fact that DW iss a d!ck, 'nuff zed. I coulda told you that 18 months ago. A phenomenal cricketer, does not make the person have positive, or negative virtue.

These are mutually exclusive issues. Warner, no doubt, is a d!ck. But he is a gutsy phenomenal batsman. These are two seperate elements.

Tragedy and emotion will cloud reasoned judgement.

I would like to go back to the days pre-Albion, and pre bats-that-had-dehydrate-compacted-willows*[sic]. Like Viv shaking off a bouncer that copped him high. No concussion tests from the NFL players association Slater and Gordon class action. And Geoffrey Lawson busting his jaw.

the funniest thing ever on youtube
#rudyardkipling #whitemansburden
medusala evo

When Warner used the words remove myself from the situation you knew someone had been in his ear. I hate the phrase, too 12 steppy for my tastes.
the naif public wont get told this meta-narrative at play by abc do-gooders.

All three are getting outside professionals to filter their response. It is absurd. Like bringing in the chief f-wit from the St James Ethics Centre to write the damn report on the state of the nation (cricket ball-tampering what had wringing nonsense). Damn teacher from Tasmania who had gone off to Oxford. Brings back wisdom in received pronunciation .

#absurdhashtag

the naif public wont get told this meta-narrative at play by abc do-gooders.

All three are getting outside professionals to filter their response. It is absurd. Like bringing in the chief f-wit from the St James Ethics Centre to write the damn report on the state of the nation (cricket ball-tampering what had wringing nonsense). Damn teacher from Tasmania who had gone off to Oxford. Brings back wisdom in received pronunciation .

#absurdhashtag

Longstaff went to Cambridge I think , not Oxford.

Hughes may not have considered Warner a friend but Warner certainly considered Hughes a friend.

I wasn't sure whether you were saying it or not, which is why I said if. It was entirely said in good faith.
The argument still holds for those that did hold them up in that way - it's their problem.

True but it winds up being a problem for the three and CA - the length of the punishments was a nod to that type of opinion. If you based the punishments on what other cricketing nations do no way would they have got those sort of bans.

V
but why would one seek to sublimate autonomy to others, and see any governing body as voice of reason, as expedient as any. And I think the St James ethics centre Tasmanian teacher who went to Oxford as similarly deluded.

The paradox I advocate is having some insight into a hard-nosed cut-throat environs of pro sport and the team-room, and knowing that the bottle tops prolly started before Pakistan and Imram and Akram and Waqar. But once the game was started, we are not to play with the same fire? How does one reconcile this ethical paradox? For starters, you need to have been inside a team at the highest level to know the pressures and mores and norms that exist, not the ignorance of the public baying for blood. I take Bernie Tomic wrong sport, before the naifs that exist who call for heads. You wont hear a perfect truth, I am not taking a truth that sates, a truth that you can reconcile. What is best, is a truth, that trends to perfect information. We wont get that, because all the actors are under control of the social mores and norms of the time, so you will get the BS filter of Burson Marsteller crisis communications so Bancroft and Smith are schooled and coached to an enth of their existence wrt autonomy. The is no palatable truth in the d'affaire Saffa *pleonasm. There is mere spectrum to full information. One will always maintain a degree of ignorance on matters unkown to them, and I stress I am obvious candidate also. I never played and competed in high-level sport. I was crap. So #respect to those that do.

evo would say I am a bit soft, but I thought more of Candice Falzon in the airports, just paying the price of Murdoch tabloids for goodtimes with SBW. That was Murdoch giving the Saffa public and me material to troll with. But she was more innocent than any other.

To quote Jessie The Body Ventura "it's not cheating if you don't get caught". There may be the answer to your cognitive tension here.

does anyone wish to do a statistical breakdown baggygreen.com.au style on Starc's potency and wickets between overs 30-80(new ball) when the ball starts reversing(going irish), pre-Warner/Bancroft, say, 2015-2017, v post Warner/Bancroft d'affaire Saffa...

it is my premise that the statistics would be glaring. Now, there could be many reasons, he let himself go, training ethic, marriage to Alyssa Healy, focus on batting, etc etc. But ofcourse, I am looking to the MO of the Pakistani's and how they used the bottle tops to get the ball going Irish, and the person who had primary responsibly to 'shine' the ball.

tangent: In cycling, Armstrong used to give his teammates a 100k US$ bonus when winning, and a Rolex or some high end watch. Cipollini gave his lead-out men watches. I am sure Schumacher at Ferrari gave the engineers and mechanics high-end gifts and large cheques at the end of a championship season?

Did Starc or anyone else give Warner a Rolex for his work on shining the ball?

Or did they just toss him under the bus.

In cycling, when the entire doping truth came out about Armstrong, a neologism was coined in cycling circles for how Lance got treated.​
bus-throw-undery[sic] a neologism. [noun]: to throw scorned, disgraced, professional athletes under a people's travelling vehicle when they were merely doing all required, demanded, and enabled of them from the same said(sad naif) people to win events as vicarious dream wish fulfilment.

see: 1. Albert

Lance Uppercut
Lance Armstrong 7x

Last edited:
To quote Jessie The Body Ventura "it's not cheating if you don't get caught". There may be the answer to your cognitive tension here.
that was how Michele Ferrari the doping preparatore described medical programs(PED programs), it is not doping if it does not show up

and Leigh Montagna (Joey)
MONTAGNA%20Leigh.png

if you ain't cheating you ain't trying
#deflate
GATE
latest

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...atriots-deflategate/h4zgwtv4yheh1jakprbjmnvsf

Back