3 Division Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I still prefer the ammo concept, however I think the changing landscape of football locally means the way to success, would be in another format to what PC currently operate in. In regards to SL and PC coexisting, they have done so for a few years. We might not lose as many players there going forward!

I think if PC came to the WRFL it would kill Sanctuary Lakes.

I still prefer the ammo concept, however I think the changing landscape of football locally means the way to success, would be in another format to what PC currently operate in. In regards to SL and PC coexisting, they have done so for a few years. We might not lose as many players there going forward!

Agreed, lots to like about the Ammos concept but I think one of their weaknesses is the difficulty of clubs in the lower grades to build rivalries and if they do, find it difficult to sustain as they will often find themselves in different grades due to the promotion / relegation system. Also think some players baulk at some of the distances to travel, and of course the $ on offer elsewhere. Think PC is very suited to the WRFL due to the ability to build rivalries with the many clubs on their doorstop - SL being the obvious one. I think we all expected PC to rise steadily through the grades in the VAFA due to their strong junior set-up, but player retention due to the reasons above must be a factor (an observation as as an outsider).

The following clubs should realistically be targeted by the league:
Burnside, Rockbank, Werribee Centrals

Quite strange that they're in other comps when they're well and trully within the WRFL geographical area.

I left out Willy CY's because it will never happen ...

The following clubs should realistically be targeted by the league:
Burnside, Rockbank, Werribee Centrals

Quite strange that they're in other comps when they're well and trully within the WRFL geographical area.

I left out Willy CY's because it will never happen ...
Centrals won’t move.

Out of curiosity. I catch the train from Ballan to Melbourne everyday and and noticed two grounds and a set of clubrooms right near Deer Park train station. Its not Deer Park's ground, does anyone use it?

Bon Thomas Reserve. Brimbank Rugby Union club, Deer Park Cricket club, don't know of any AFL though I recall a couple of junior games with my boys back in the day.
Thanks mate

They had AFL goalposts up on both grounds hence the curiosity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back