#3 Jake Neade

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointed with his development. 2013 is still his best and most influential season. Jake has all the attributes to be one of the great small forwards. He's a great decision maker, he's lightning quick, he loves to tackle and harrass, he knows where the goals are and has the smarts to kick them or bring team-mates in. For whatever reason, maybe it's attitude, he can't put that undeniable talent to use.

Funny how people's impressions differ. Personally I think that he's trying as hard as he can but he's just not that good.

I keep going back to '13. We saw him do some special things regularly. Bullet passes to loose players, smart stoppage goals, slipping tackles, running the wings, I was really excited about him. He just hasn't developed in my opinion which is a shame. I see great potential in little jake. We could have the most exciting forward line going 'round with Wingard, Gray, Impey, and Neade if he turns things around.

Very disappointed with his development. 2013 is still his best and most influential season. Jake has all the attributes to be one of the great small forwards. He's a great decision maker, he's lightning quick, he loves to tackle and harrass, he knows where the goals are and has the smarts to kick them or bring team-mates in. For whatever reason, maybe it's attitude, he can't put that undeniable talent to use.

This year was the perfect opportunity for him. Monfries unavailable left a spot to be filled. Matt White going down opened another spot. By season's end Jake could have cemented his place in the forward line putting pressure on White, Wingard, etc when Monfries returns. Instead he's now fallen behind Youngy (well done to him), Amon, and Impey who has spent all his time with us down back. White and Monfries come back Neade will struggle to get a call up even if we have injuries.

Perhaps it's best for both parties if we explore trading him.

Many of his type of player don't come of age until 25-28.

The question is one of patience and possible reward

I keep going back to '13. We saw him do some special things regularly. Bullet passes to loose players, smart stoppage goals, slipping tackles, running the wings, I was really excited about him. He just hasn't developed in my opinion which is a shame. I see great potential in little jake .....
And added to the things you mention that were exciting were that from the beginning he had a strong defensive side to him. He did a few speccy run-down tackles early in his time with us.
My feeling is he's sort of like a racehorse asked to pull a milk-float now. Tasked with doing this, doing that, rather than being told to go wild and have fun. Of course I have no idea what he has been told each week but he has whole ineffectual games now which is hard to understand from his initial games. There was one game this year where his mother was down from the NT and came out to the Cheer Squad banner making with Sammy Gray's mum beforehand. I posted about that on that week's pre-game thread saying he'd go wild. Instead he was the invisible man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back