Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Relax? I'm not melting or sounding aggressive/confrontational am I? I apologize if I am because that was the last thing I was aiming to do. I know Jed will stay at a fair deal to himself and the club.
You seemed a bit frustrated mate and I was worried you had drawn a much more negative conclusion than necessary. Glad you are cool with it :thumbsu:

Like the idea but no quite yet. Still young enough and would love to see him replicate if not better his out put from this year before going into the leadership group
Yeah, I know its too soon but was just thinking about who on the list could handle captaicy once the current crop moves on.. so like 3-5 years on from now.
If he's still crashing and smashing and being 2018 Jed by then I reckon he'd be a worthy candidate.

Maybe VC to Kelly

v1.bTsxMTE2OTc4MDtqOzE3ODU5OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

Young family, 3 young kids, career best form. Can't really blame him for chasing security both financially and length of contract.

Our initial offer was terrible.
Hopefully not the Greenwood situation all over again?

A lowball offer that allows another club to come in and get on his ear.

You would hope that a fair offer is put on the table and Jed appreaciates the faith the club has shown in him?

But I totally get it that you wouldn’t be happy getting lowballed while we splash cash all over the place.

Yeah, I know its too soon but was just thinking about who on the list could handle captaicy once the current crop moves on.. so like 3-5 years on from now.
If he's still crashing and smashing and being 2018 Jed by then I reckon he'd be a worthy candidate.

Maybe VC to Kelly
Yeah, you obviously haven't seen much of his interviews. He's probably the most shy player in the team and wouldn't demand anything from anyone.

Hopefully not the Greenwood situation all over again?

A lowball offer that allows another club to come in and get on his ear.

You would hope that a fair offer is put on the table and Jed appreaciates the faith the club has shown in him?

But I totally get it that you wouldn’t be happy getting lowballed while we splash cash all over the place.
He'd be saying to himself if your gonna give Polec 700k over 5 you can flick me an extra 100k and another year.
Pretty simple

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he has every right to expect a fair deal.

His form this year warrants it.
Yep
That's the opportunity a club with our cap space and stage of development has for players.
If we were a consistent top 4 team our cap would be tight and you'd need to take what your given to play for premierships.

We are the land of milk and honey.
We just gotta nail how we manage our salary cap.

North no closer to deal with reborn mid - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-21/north-no-closer-to-deal-with-reborn-mid

North no closer to deal with reborn mid
Nick Bowen
Aug 21, 2018 6:49PM
REJUVENTATED midfielder Jed Anderson and North Melbourne remain some way apart in their contract talks less than a week before the end of the home and away season.

AFL.com.au reported in June Anderson had opened talks on a new deal that would likely tie him to the Kangaroos for another two years.

At the time, it was believed the parties were close to signing an agreement, but negotiations stalled soon after.

Anderson has since changed management companies, moving from TLA Australia to Precision Sports.

North has been in talks with the 24-year-old's new manager, Liam Pickering, but it's understood the parties have some work to do before finalising the financial terms of the proposed contract.

The Roos, however, are confident a deal will get done.

North's protracted talks with Anderson have coincided with its multi-million dollar bids for West Coast free agent Andrew Gaff and Port Adelaide wingman Jared Polec.

Ben Jacobs and free agents Scott Thompson and Sam Wright head North's other remaining out-of-contract players.

The Roos' talks with Jacobs, 26, have also been progressing slowly, while they won't open negotiations with Thompson, 32, until the end of the year.

However, Wright, 28, has started talks on a new deal with the Roos, who are confident the classy defender is over the foot and ankle injuries that threatened to derail his career.

Anderson appeared to be on borrowed time at Arden Street heading into this year after playing just 15 games in his first two seasons.

However, in 2018, he has finally vindicated the faith the Kangaroos showed when they traded their 2015 first-round pick for him.

After finally enjoying a largely uninterrupted pre-season, the 24-year-old has flourished as a hardnosed inside midfielder, missing just one game – he had never played more than 10 matches in a season before – and averaging 19.6 disposals.

At North, only Ben Cunnington and Shaun Higgins have averaged more clearances this year than Anderson (4.8 a game), while he is also equal second at the club for tackles (5.2).

Anderson's dramatic development has also allowed North to deploy Jack Ziebell in attack, with the former Hawk ably picking up the skipper's slack at stoppages.

Pickers doing what pickers does. Drives a hard bargain for his clients. I've got no doubt we'll get a deal done that satisfies both Jed and the club.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

cannot lose him, would dare to even say this guy is the central pillar that we build the rest of the FA signing around. Let the anderson lead the inside hardball get in the middle while your cream players cash in. Let's say Kelly comes to north, then we should have a really class midfield rotation with Cunnington as the central pillar, anderson has more aggression and attacking flair.

He'd be saying to himself if your gonna give Polec 700k over 5 you can flick me an extra 100k and another year.
Pretty simple

It isn't that simple, Polec has 10,074m gained (479.7m avg) with a disposal efficiency of 69.8% while Anderson has 4,528m (226.4m avg) with a disposal efficiency of 65.6%, that means effectively, Polec has been able to amass 7,031m while the team still retains the ball on average while Anderson only manages 2,970m. Obviously, Jed brings a lot of other things to the table, however, the ability to move the ball from one side of the ground to the other effectively is one of the most difficult things to do well.

Jed gone from garbage really before this year to having a great season, his improvement has been meteoric tbh and if he continues to improve he will be a fantastic player. We would have some concerns, he has only managed 70.0% ToG which is extremely low for a midfielder, probably some 15% or so off what the average mid puts in, which has probably impacted his sub 20 disposal count.

Also, I am not sure what his longevity is going to be like in the midfield, which like Greenwood before him, is probably his main concern is that we are after midfielders, which isn't a great sign when you are a midfielder who isn't that high up the rung.

At present, the chain of command would be:
Cunnington
Higgins
Jacobs
Dumont
Anderson

We have up and coming LDU, Ahern, Walker... possibly Simpkin. We will get Thomas in the draft this year. We are chasing god knows who, Gaff, Polec, maybe others? Where is Jed at? What happens when LDU and Ahern really come on. What if the bullshit comes true and we get Kelly next year? Do we want to be stuck paying a massive contract on Jed just because we are keen on better options?

He should get what he is worth, not paid more because we have a whole stack of guys that have retired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back