Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope his boys turn out s**t.
They’re half indigenous half greek and the last brothers to play AFL with similar mixed genes were the Matera brothers ffs

I will literally haunt Brady Rawlings for the rest of his adult life if we miss out. 11 games. All we had to was give the campaigner 11 games. Yet now we have Turner and Howe and Greenwood on the list instead. F*** me

Wind back to 2013. Bombers supplements saga has taken its toll and they’ve been booted from the finals. So the bastards managed to salvage something from the season and carry a very cooked Alwyn Davey to 100 games because he had two 9yo twin boys running around the club they just knew would turn out to be guns. 9 years later and draft them both for f*** all.

This will burn us. I’m sure of it.

Could not agree more. This will 100% burn us.

They’re half indigenous half greek and the last brothers to play AFL with similar mixed genes were the Matera brothers ffs

I will literally haunt Brady Rawlings for the rest of his adult life if we miss out. 11 games. All we had to was give the campaigner 11 games. Yet now we have Turner and Howe and Greenwood on the list instead. F*** me

Wind back to 2013. Bombers supplements saga has taken its toll and they’ve been booted from the finals. So the bastards managed to salvage something from the season and carry a very cooked Alwyn Davey to 100 games because he had two 9yo twin boys running around the club they just knew would turn out to be guns. 9 years later and draft them both for f*** all.

As was said a few posts above, his boys will grow up in Darwin, which as of the current rules don't even go into the draft.

All Darwin players are currently prelisted to Gold Coast outside of AFL draft bidding requirements.

Could not agree more. This will 100% burn us.

Unless they improve drastically we will be ok.
Dont get me wrong they can play but at this stage they aren't stand outs from what i have seen.

Yeh i know and played for Coburg Districts. I've seen them play and my son has played against them.

But even at that young of an age you can pick the really talented kids out.

Not at 6 you can't.

Either way regardless of whetehr they are decent or not, it still would have been good to be able to get first crack at them.

Especially when he is genuinely a better footballer than a fair portion of our list.

Not at 6 you can't.

Either way regardless of whetehr they are decent or not, it still would have been good to be able to get first crack at them.

Especially when he is genuinely a better footballer than a fair portion of our list.

Agree to disagree because you can tell.

Have coached under 8's and if you know what to look for you can definitely tell the naturals.

I found this perplexing:
“Jed can play as a tough inside midfielder but also has the skillset to play forward which we found appealing."
I've never seen him as a forward, neither as a leading marking forward, or a crumbing forward. And he ain't the most accurate shot for goal.

Anyway, I wish him well, seems like a good bloke.

I found this perplexing:
“Jed can play as a tough inside midfielder but also has the skillset to play forward which we found appealing."
I've never seen him as a forward, neither as a leading marking forward, or a crumbing forward. And he ain't the most accurate shot for goal.

He played some alright games as a half forward.

I found this perplexing:

He's rated as a half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His sons are 9 and 6 years old...

Yeah it’s that time of year people have gone crazy.

By the time they’re old enough it will depend greatly on what our Chinese Overlord Ming Ping thinks of the father son ruling.

And I do believe Ming Ping agrees to idea of those living in the likes of Darwin are available for the Peoples Republic of glorious Gold Coast academy.

Good on Jed we overpaid for him but he tried, is limited but he did ok .

A step above a shitmen a middlingmen one might say.

I know there are some here who absolutely won't entertain the possibility of Jed's less than ideal preparation last year was partly his own fault.

Yet we have the uncomfortable fact that Turner was retained on the list ahead of him. And no-one suggests it was a decision based on football ability.

I know there are some here who absolutely won't entertain the possibility of Jed's less than ideal preparation last year was partly his own fault.

Yet we have the uncomfortable fact that Turner was retained on the list ahead of him. And no-one suggests it was a decision based on football ability.
Um, no. He wanted to go via SSP and not the rookie draft - I suspect we'll find his contract being 2 or 3 years. The 'turned up unfit' stuff is either made up here, or if it has somehow originated from someone who actually knows, it's more likely someone's axe to grind rather than the industry's opinion of him.

Last edited:
Um, no. He wanted to go via SSP and not the rookie draft - I suspect we'll find his contract being 2 or 3 years. The 'turned up unfit' stuff is either made up here, or if it has somehow originated from someone who actually knows, it's more likely someone's axe to grind rather than the industry's opinion of him.

Mate, there's a bit of (a) and a bit of (b). Jed had a potentially serious health issue, but he also could have done some things better.

I don't care if you believe this or not, as you've seemingly convinced yourself that he is 100% blameless.

I reckon the line was drawn through me as a footballer by 9.
sheesh, i won a league leading goal kicker at 10! (90 percent of those goals were soccered off the dewey ground at 8.30 in the morning) might have peaked a bit early and played the majority of my senior football at HBF.

Mate, there's a bit of (a) and a bit of (b). Jed had a potentially serious health issue, but he also could have done some things better.

I don't care if you believe this or not, as you've seemingly convinced yourself that he is 100% blameless.

Don't care is a tad aggressive man, but you're correct. Jed isn't blameless in this. Polec copped similar with a year to run.

Reckon a fair few may follow at years end. Will be interesting to watch.

Would have thought Clarko wouldn't be interested in gifting 11 or so games to a bloke because he has two boys at a time when setting standards is paramount.

Won't be a great loss on the field, apart from his ferocity at the contest.

We as supporters loved Jed and the way he went about it on the field, but sadly some of the s**t posted on here over the past 18 months that was rumors and nearly defamatory is actually sadly closer to the mark.
There was no coming back for him after his late preseason start and the exit last year wasnt one with thanks and you’re welcome back. He was never getting another deal. Bridge was burnt.
Just a s**t set of circumstances but one where the club did make the right call in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back