Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree to an extent, except about the part where you say it's not a blight on him. If he doesn't get his head right and gain some greater confidence in his body and ability then he won't be long for a spot on a senior AFL list. This latest injury will buy him a bit more time, but the second half of 2017 really shapes as a critical time in his career. Put simply, he needs to play 5 or 6 quality VFL games after getting back from the shoulder. Then he enters the side and needs to string some really good games together or I doubt he will be on the senior list for next year.

I personally think it's not a blight on him as he was thrown into the seniors after one sub par VFL game and 10 week hamstring injury. He was managed crap last year and its showed with his output at AFL level.

I whole heartedly agree that he needs to find his groove in the two's before he gets a look in at all. I want him killing it before he gets re-called, especially when we have so many others who can play through the half forward line

I personally think it's not a blight on him as he was thrown into the seniors after one sub par VFL game and 10 week hamstring injury. He was managed crap last year and its showed with his output at AFL level.

I whole heartedly agree that he needs to find his groove in the two's before he gets a look in at all. I want him killing it before he gets re-called, especially when we have so many others who can play through the half forward line
He wasn't managed well. But the club had little to no choice. We had Wood, Higgins, Turner and Garner all out for varying reasons for most of the year. The dirth of half forward options forced their hand... Jed took one for the team in trying circumstances.

That's very significant. Anyone know if that's a recent change?

say what? when did this happen?

I believe the move to Adelaide was the end of last year. I'm not sure what is commuting arrangements are.

As for the job title change, thats the first I've seen of it. The website hasn't been updated, but it still lists Skinny Brayshaw as our Chairman!

Last edited:
Wasn't there talk last week that Braydon Preuss had ragdolled/murdered somebody in a tackle? I think someone may have said it was Jed at the time. I know because I'd been asking about his progress over the Summer. I wonder if this is when it happened....? I certainly wouldn't want to run into a Preuss.

Just went back and checked the post. It was only last Friday. Not Preuss but Jeffries. How prophetic are these words from Flawed Genius....

"I am not sure if he trained. It could have been him or EVW that Jeffries ran over in a tackle, but whoever it was put in an almighty effort to hang on all the way to the ground.

As far as I am concerned with Jed, no news is good news. No injuries to speak of, no setbacks, just a good unencumbered run at a full season. I'd be super pleased if we got 22 games out of him."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's footy and the club does what it has done in the past. Support the player best it possibly can and move on. Most of us feel we were not a serious shot for a flag..... this year.
Move on, is all we can do.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

He was in the team when fit with pretty close to a full list last year in Round 1. With a few retirements and more spots for young players, I'd say he would have been again. That would qualify him as best 22 I'd say - regardless of what anyone on Bigfooty thinks.

That was then, now we have Hrovat, Simpkin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back