Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

^ this!

Organisations look at the outcome from a development or growth strategy in terms of the OVERALL OUTCOME, not the individual bits; bastinac and our first rounder that year for Anderson and McKay was a COUP.....just ask the Lions supporters watching Bastinac go around in the NEAFL on good coin
That's just another way of saying, I ****ed up here but that's OK because I stooged them over there, so we really didn't loose out. Please give me a spell. :stern look

LOL. The old, it was only the equivalent of Pick 37 argument to get Andersons. Did we or did we not use our first round pick in part to get Andersons? I put it to you had we held firm we would've got Andersons for a Third Rounder. But no, Joyces couldn't help himself. He couldn't be told. Yeah and using the Bastinac trade to justify the Andersons trade is just wrong. Brisbane's stupidity doesn't make Joyces a recruiting maestro. That was simply dumb luck. :stern look

Does it really matter whether it is “A First Round Pick” if you get value out of the trade?

By that logic, if we accept Pick 19 and 20 for Pick 18 and Pick 99 we are using a *First Round Pick* for later picks.

Oh the humanity.

357opde.png
Loving the spreadsheet work!!

Anyways I wish Andersons all the best. He has been great thus far this season. I hope he continues to perform and bust a gut for the Mighty NMFC. It's pleasing to see someone not giving up on their dream of being an AFL Footballer. He left no stone unturned to get himself right this preseason past. It highlights how you should never give up. That you can improve. Jed has done that. He is now being rewarded for his determination. He has become an integral part of our midfield mix. :stern look

Had Andersons been traded for a Third Rounder, which was his worth at the time of his recruitment, the discussion around the merits of his signing would've been a non issue on this forum. Blame Dopey Joyces for that. :stern look

Does it really matter whether it is “A First Round Pick” if you get value out of the trade?

By that logic, if we accept Pick 19 and 20 for Pick 18 and Pick 99 we are using a *First Round Pick* for later picks.

Oh the humanity.
We paid overs for Andersons. Admit It. :stern look

LOL. The old, it was only the equivalent of Pick 37 argument to get Andersons. Did we or did we not use our first round pick in part to get Andersons? I put it to you had we held firm we would've got Andersons for a Third Rounder. But no, Joyces couldn't help himself. He couldn't be told. Yeah and using the Bastinac trade to justify the Andersons trade is just wrong. Brisbane's stupidity doesn't make Joyces a recruiting maestro. That was simply dumb luck. :stern look

Pita like a bear!

Mate, realityness is we basically swapped Basti for Anderson and now Anderson is playing quality footy.

You should be happy, dare I say it filled with gayness about this.

For mine, it is reason enough to flop it out and have that Big Crank.

Do you judge the value of all North players in the first 3 years of their deal?

I suppose the $10,000 was overs for Carey in 86 after he failed to play a game until 89.
What sort of nonsensical analogy is that? $10,000 for a player back in the Carey era was cheap. We paid overs. Admit it. :stern look

I expect we did the Anderson deal knowing that 38 and 40 would likely net us something decent, given I think that was the first year points were used.

In fact we probably did it with Aish in mind.

images.png

Time-line 1 is where we pay a third rounder for Jed. We are not on that time line.

Time-line 2 is where in the deal for Jed we give up our first round pick and get completely screwed because Jed never approximates the output of a first rounder. It looks like this is not our time line either.

Time-line 3 like time-line 2 we do give up our first pick but Jed actually comes on like a first rounder. It is starting to look lome this is where we're at.

If we're on time line 3 it renders time lines 1 & 2 irrelevant to the now.

I see.

So $10,000 for 3 years of zero output is cheap but Pick 15 & 50 for Anderson, 38 & 40 is expensive....because reasons.
No you don't see. A bit like how you didn't see the NMFC surviving in Melbourne. Had we given up a Third Rounder for Andersons this discussion wouldn't be taking place. Regardless of how Andersons is performing now, at the time he wasn't worth using our First Rounder in part to snare him. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 500936

Time-line 1 is where we pay a third rounder for Jed. We are not on that time line.

Time-line 2 is where in the deal for Jed we give up our first round pick and get completely screwed because Jed never approximates the output of a first rounder. It looks like this is not our time line either.

Time-line 3 like time-line 2 we do give up our first pick but Jed actually comes on like a first rounder. It is starting to look lome this is where we're at.

If we're on time line 3 it renders time lines 1 & 2 irrelevant to the now.
Jean-Luc Picard would be proud of you mate. :stern look

"Had we given up a Third Rounder for Andersons" is not a great argument, Z. We simply wouldn't have got Jed for a 3rd rounder. You know, Hawthorn (who didn't want to lose him) had to be paid a reasonable price.

Using the $50 analogy, we gave them our $50, and got Jed and a $10 and a $5 note back. Didn't actually spend the full $50 on him at all.

Are you channeling Saintly?

"Had we given up a Third Rounder for Andersons" is not a great argument, Z. We simply wouldn't have got Jed for a 3rd rounder. You know, Hawthorn (who didn't want to lose him) had to be paid a reasonable price.

Using the $50 analogy, we gave them our $50, and got Jed and a $10 and a $5 note back. Didn't actually spend the full $50 on him at all.

Are you channeling Saintly?
Don't be so sure that we had to cough up that First Rounder to get Andersons. :stern look

No you don't see. A bit like how you didn't see the NMFC surviving in Melbourne. Had we given up a Third Rounder for Andersons this discussion wouldn't be taking place. Regardless of how Andersons is performing now, at the time he wasn't worth using our First Rounder in part to snare him. :stern look

Lol thanks for the history lesson, I guess I was wrong to suggest that Brayshaw didn’t have 10 White Knights ready to donate $1m+ to our plight and that it was a risky path to go down.

I didn’t agree with it at the time of the deal and I’m glad it worked and North Melbourne are still here at Arden St, but I never did hear JB sign any White Knight donations.

I guess that’s a bit like some bloke I know who reckons we were wrong to involve a 1st Round pick in a deal with Jed Anderson 3 years ago, s**t he looks like he’s worth it now though doesn’t he!?

Lol thanks for the history lesson, I guess I was wrong to suggest that Brayshaw didn’t have 10 White Knights ready to donate $1m+ to our plight and that it was a risky path to go down.

I didn’t agree with it at the time of the deal and I’m glad it worked and North Melbourne are still here at Arden St, but I never did hear JB sign any White Knight donations.

I guess that’s a bit like some bloke I know who reckons we were wrong to involve a 1st Round pick in a deal with Jed Anderson 3 years ago, s**t he looks like he’s worth it now though doesn’t he!?
Levi Greenwood came close to winning a BnF one year and was only worth a 2nd Rounder. Andersons has had a great start to a season but as I always say that one root doesn't make an orgy. :stern look

Levi Greenwood came close to winning a BnF one year and was only worth a 2nd Rounder. Andersons has had a great start to a season but as I always say that one root doesn't make an orgy. :stern look

Levi isn’t fit to carry Jeds boots. Even if we gave up pick 15 for Jed, he’s worth it. The fact your mate Cam managed to get some extra picks out of the Hawks makes it even sweeter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back