Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. The old, it was only the equivalent of Pick 37 argument to get Andersons. Did we or did we not use our first round pick in part to get Andersons? I put it to you had we held firm we would've got Andersons for a Third Rounder. But no, Joyces couldn't help himself. He couldn't be told. Yeah and using the Bastinac trade to justify the Andersons trade is just wrong. Brisbane's stupidity doesn't make Joyces a recruiting maestro. That was simply dumb luck. :stern look

You'd make a great politician Z. Doesn't matter how good Jed gets, I say we could have paid a 3rd rounder, so we overpaid. Difficult to prove, one way or the other!

9 games absolutely doesn't make a career, but what a pleasure to see Jed up and about this year (as you acknowledged). Playing like a true shinboner too. Please lord just let him stay injury free!

LOL. The old, it was only the equivalent of Pick 37 argument to get Andersons. Did we or did we not use our first round pick in part to get Andersons? I put it to you had we held firm we would've got Andersons for a Third Rounder. But no, Joyces couldn't help himself. He couldn't be told. Yeah and using the Bastinac trade to justify the Andersons trade is just wrong. Brisbane's stupidity doesn't make Joyces a recruiting maestro. That was simply dumb luck. :stern look

How can you be so sure that they would be taken a third rounder? Besides, what if Joyce wrangled a deal with the Brions prior to the Jed trade. We obviously rated him and from what I've seen, I reckon the assessment is spot on. What's the actual issue?

View attachment 500936

Time-line 1 is where we pay a third rounder for Jed. We are not on that time line.

Time-line 2 is where in the deal for Jed we give up our first round pick and get completely screwed because Jed never approximates the output of a first rounder. It looks like this is not our time line either.

Time-line 3 like time-line 2 we do give up our first pick but Jed actually comes on like a first rounder. It is starting to look lome this is where we're at.

If we're on time line 3 it renders time lines 1 & 2 irrelevant to the now.

Yeah but we're lower down now.

Let's not go nuts.

Jed is showing a lot and is in good form.

Levi played a major role in winning a final

Jed is more talented and a better player, regardless of Levi's 2nd in the Syd. Jed's inside work is a thing of beauty.

And the club knew Levi was leaving prior to the Sid Barker night....Im just saying.

Not sure where you get this from. I was at that B&F and went to the after function. Levi was still wavering towards staying as late as that night.

Sort of seems like you're trying to s**t on Goldie's B&F. I'm shocked.

I suppose you think him getting into the AA team that year was some AFL conspiracy, too.

Levi went to Collingwood. Boo hoo.

This thread is about Jed. So I'm going to sum up the season so far in one sentence..

Tough, confident, ball-magnet, sexy-hair and can seriously put the afterburners on when needed.

Never thought I'd see the day that this guy would become the total opposite to what he was in his early days at North. Then, out of nowhere, 2018 Jed arrives and now he is in contention for B&F.

The one thing that pleases me the most is a hard-tough footballer. One that goes in, if he doesn't get it, goes in again and again until we get it.

He is running around like a modernised 90s North premiership player. He puts aside the BS AFL softness and just goes about his business.

And most importantly, he keeps the captain out of the midfield.

Not sure where you get this from. I was at that B&F and went to the after function. Levi was still wavering towards staying as late as that night.

I suppose you think him getting into the AA team that year was some AFL conspiracy, too.
Mm, but Goldy’s B&F came the year after Levi left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the pleasure of meeting Luke Breust at work last week and had a quick conversation. I mentioned the improvement of Jed at North and he was pretty happy for him. I think the Hawks probably didn't think Anderson would be useful in the role we are playing him in right now because back then, the Hawks still had their premiership midfield. Also, I didn't ask if they would take him back now. ;).

Breust was also aware of Cunnington breaking the contested possessions record. Which is nice to see. Wished his side all the best against Hodge and the Lions.

Jed's always been an inside Mid. He was shoe-horned into a small forward role as that sort of player (speed, hardness, power) was what Hawthorn wanted (Puopolo, Rioli). I referred to him as the "working man's Rioli" - if either could have ever built their tank, I thought they were MVP/AA candidates (respectively) and would force their way into our on-ball division.

His problem was physical - he never recovered from the pneumonia, and then once his body was back to 'normal', he was consistently hitting his physical ceilings - he simply could not build a tank. Even then, we tried to play him midfield at Box Hill, he'd star for 5 minutes then burn out, and struggle the rest of the game.

Watching his first few games at North, it seemed your coach had seen the highlights (or worse yet the body type) and typecast as an outside player. Mentally, Jed was shot, trying to go against his natural game to fit the team structures (this was a weakness at Hawthorn too).

It's taken him a good 4-5 years to recover physically and develop his tank - to the point he's probably at a similar physical development as a 22-23yo, but with the extra drive from knowing he's already "half-way through" his career.

Excuse me but get your facts right, Cunnington won the Sid that year......your fixation on me potting Goldstein on every turn is beginning to be laughable.

Nothing says more about how well he’s playing that we can spunk 4 pages of discussion on the semantics of what we paid for him.

Supercoachitis.

Lowering the IQ of football supporters since 2010.

There's a very long list of shitmen we either drafted with or traded better picks for than the pick that we used on Jed. Also I believe the Brissy deal was factored in- we needed the other picks.

A fairly ordinary draft year it would seem, "Spider Burton" is a middling A.Black type. We walked away with Anderson, McKay, Clark, Hibberd and Mountford.
Not a bad haul when all things considered. * took Morgan at 25, he won't be on an AFL list in 2019 that of course is my view, but I aint drawing a long bow. The club is never as bad or good as we sometimes think, we'd never have traded our first if we thought it would impact on the player(s) we wanted. eg McKay.

Let's not go nuts.

Jed is showing a lot and is in good form.

Levi played a major role in winning a final

Oh I’m going full nut job. We absolutely robbed Collingwood getting pick 25 for a bloke that can barely get on the park, and when he does he gets used as a tagger that gets smashed every second week. Every other week, when he’s allowed to play his own game he’s a poor mans Sam Gibson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back