Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did you read what I wrote?

You can’t use his clanger count to compare him to others in our team. Just like you wouldn’t judge the others to their teammates because they’re inside mids so naturally will have a higher count.

His value to our team far outweighs one-two dodgy kicks a game.If you stack up his goal involvements and pressure acts, he is so far ahead of others in the team
Now you're saying he isn't as good as all the players you listed? Make up your mind.

Did you read what I wrote?

You can’t use his clanger count to compare him to others in our team. Just like you wouldn’t judge the others to their teammates because they’re inside mids so naturally will have a higher count.

His value to our team far outweighs one-two dodgy kicks a game.If you stack up his goal involvements and pressure acts, he is so far ahead of others in the team
It's the way this board works. Daniel Wells used to butcher the ball a lot but people thought he was an awesome kick because now and then he would pull one off. LT was the same, he would * up 10 times a game but because he did 2 good things people thought he was the messiah. Gibbo, another one. Would stuff up the odd kick and it meant he was s**t, despite the other 25 touches that were good.

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
Now you're saying he isn't as good as all the players you listed? Make up your mind.
I would reply back about the other mids but your inability to analyse someone’s paragraph show me you clearly would also struggle at analysing a game of football.

I’ll try put this in plain English as possible. Is Jed a brilliant footballer? No. Neither was Anthony Rock. Even our captain Adam Simpson had deficiencies. But they were brilliant role players for stars around them.

When Jy is joined by LDU, Bonar, TT, this year’s draft selections in the middle then they will require Jed to do the heavy lifting.

He clearly is essential to our mix.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would reply back about the other mids but your inability to analyse someone’s paragraph show me you clearly would also struggle at analysing a game of football.

I’ll try put this in plain English as possible. Is Jed a brilliant footballer? No. Neither was Anthony Rock. Even our captain Adam Simpson had deficiencies. But they were brilliant role players for stars around them.

When Jy is joined by LDU, Bonar, TT, this year’s draft selections in the middle then they will require Jed to do the heavy lifting.

He clearly is essential to our mix.
So before you're comparing him to Fyfe, Bont, Cripps, now you're comparing him to the likes of Anthony rock, well at least you're going in the right direction.

So Jed is better than Bot, Fyfe and Cripps now is he?
No. He just averages as many clangears per game as Rowell, Cotchin, De Boer or Brad Hill.

And less than those guys mentioned or Dusty, Josh Kennedy, Grundy, Omeara, Worpel, Tim Kelly, Hopper, the other Anderson etcetc

Would any club give us a second rounder for him?

this bloke is trade bait for mine
He's been one of our better players all year except for too many turnovers in a couple of games and a missed shot on goal that cost us a game (along with five or six others that day.). On top of that he pretty much brings the same thing every week, so when he is in our very top players then others with better reputations aren't performing.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is a good role player, with Higgins and Cunnington out, we need him to be agressor, one who could apply physical grunt. Also he is faster than the likes of ziebell and cunnington so he is not a complete liability in defense. In all liklihood, atley would stay in defence. Hopefully, ziebell can stay in the goal square against a smaller defender, with brown roaming a bit further up to get his running game going. Hopefully can get the youngsters in the midfield rotation.

Hard as nails this bloke. Literally made Cripps insignificant.

I think at the first break Cripps had 8 touches and a clearance or something like that

The last three quarters after Jed went to him:

8 touches and one clearance

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think at the first break Cripps had 8 touches and a clearance or something like that

The last three quarters after Jed went to him:

8 touches and one clearance

The Polec attempt on him early was strange. I expected Shaw to move LMac on to him but Shaw went Anderson.

Reckon Shaw’s using this year to figure blokes out.

Reckon Shaw’s using this year to figure blokes out.

The problem with this is that Polec should have already been figured out

He doesn't have an inside midfielder or defensive bone in his body. He isn't suited to playing as a defensive inside midfielder. It should never even be considered again

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Anderson is the sole 'tough in and under type' then the team would be alrite. He is probably a superior version of andrew swallow.

Back in the 'good old days', a midfield of swallow, ziebell, cunnington, gibson, greenwood is supported by wells and harvey. We CANNOT ever get back to this model EVER again. It should be Anderson + Simpkin + LDU + Thomas + Bailey + Top 10 pick + Top 10 pick and McDonaldo to provide the hard tag. Our mid must only ever follow the 1 + 5 model.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problem with this is that Polec should have already been figured out

He doesn't have an inside midfielder or defensive bone in his body. He isn't suited to playing as a defensive inside midfielder. It should never even be considered again

It won’t be.

I’m not trying to get into what’s going on in Shaw’s head but sending Polec to play a defensive role on the oppos best player is a statement. The standards have changed. No more front running

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Anderson is the sole 'tough in and under type' then the team would be alrite. He is probably a superior version of andrew swallow.

Back in the 'good old days', a midfield of swallow, ziebell, cunnington, gibson, greenwood is supported by wells and harvey. We CANNOT ever get back to this model EVER again. It should be Anderson + Simpkin + LDU + Thomas + Bailey + Top 10 pick + Top 10 pick and McDonaldo to provide the hard tag. Our mid must only ever follow the 1 + 5 model.
I love Jed but i think you maybe under rating Andrew a bit there quite a bit.

Apr 16, 2007
Warragul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You can’t seriously think Anderson is a superior version of Andrew Swallow- a 3 time best and fairest winner! There is zero chance that Anderson will ever go close to winning a best and fairest let alone 3!

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can’t seriously think Anderson is a superior version of Andrew Swallow- a 3 time best and fairest winner! There is zero chance that Anderson will ever go close to winning a best and fairest let alone 3!

except he might be there when we win get into a GF, something swallow never got close to. in anycase, Anderson perhaps is getting fit at the right time and for once in his career having the right type of players around him. Of course if swallow is in his prime with the like of simpkin, ldu, thomas, bailey and 2 top 10 picks even if the other 6 are above average players and not elite, this would still be a rather formidale group.

Anderson is superior in that his ability to complement the others would be far more effective than swallow because back in the good old days, Swallow started off with Simpson and Harris, very similar players. Then Swallow had ziebell, cunnington, gibson, greenwood, jacobs for company, very similar profile so his ability to complement others will never be close to what anderson could bring due to the others around him.

Of course, even now, the club is still looking to ziebell and cunnington as the center pieces and until we pull our head out, im afraid the middling performance will continue.

Back