Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The same Swallow as Captain who pushed West Coast over there in a PF to nearly make the Grand Final in 2015?

You literally don't have a clue.

sure, if a veiw point does fit your narrative sure, no clue.....hmmmm 25 point loss isn't exactly pushing by any stretch.

guapo

All Australian
Aug 24, 2005
fitzroy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
except he might be there when we win get into a GF, something swallow never got close to. in anycase, Anderson perhaps is getting fit at the right time and for once in his career having the right type of players around him. Of course if swallow is in his prime with the like of simpkin, ldu, thomas, bailey and 2 top 10 picks even if the other 6 are above average players and not elite, this would still be a rather formidale group.

Anderson is superior in that his ability to complement the others would be far more effective than swallow because back in the good old days, Swallow started off with Simpson and Harris, very similar players. Then Swallow had ziebell, cunnington, gibson, greenwood, jacobs for company, very similar profile so his ability to complement others will never be close to what anderson could bring due to the others around him.

Of course, even now, the club is still looking to ziebell and cunnington as the center pieces and until we pull our head out, im afraid the middling performance will continue.

Lost ya half way through the first paragraph. I would take Swallow in his prime over Jed every day of the week. 3 B&Fs and captain. Sure, always in a mediocre side but the current captain has never come close to B&F, and the other 2x B&F midfielder we have has never been a leader. Jed ain’t in either race

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Severely underrated by a lot of our fans. Get him to 100 games for us so my kids can see his kids break people
This pops into my head every time I see him play. Or a pic with his kids.
I love how hard he is. Disposal a bit all over the joint, but he needs better class around him, like most do I guess..
His attack on the ball and man has been sorely missed.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It won’t be.

I’m not trying to get into what’s going on in Shaw’s head but sending Polec to play a defensive role on the oppos best player is a statement. The standards have changed. No more front running
This is a very clever post Val Keating .....actually hadn’t thought that might be the reason. Good assessment

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Lost ya half way through the first paragraph. I would take Swallow in his prime over Jed every day of the week. 3 B&Fs and captain. Sure, always in a mediocre side but the current captain has never come close to B&F, and the other 2x B&F midfielder we have has never been a leader. Jed ain’t in either race
Yeah no contest. Swallow put us on his back numerous times. His skills were miles ahead if Jed.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yeah no contest. Swallow put us on his back numerous times. His skills were miles ahead if Jed.

I wouldn't go that far, but he was all over Jed for burst pace from congestion prior to doing his Achilles.

It was only the advent of some truly elite midfielders in his time which resulted in him missing out on AA honors.

Jed, of course, puts the wind up the opposition like few others and he did that to a much larger opponent in Cripps yesterday. Cripps actually cucked it yesterday when Jed bared his teeth, and it's important to remember Jed is just entering physical maturity right now. He'll end up an out & out thug over the next 5 years. Spitta couldn't do that, he was too fair. :D

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Quarter time huddle.

Scamper: Jed, you go on to Cripps.
Jed: Yep, looks at the Carlton huddle......zones in on Cripps.....eyes narrow.

1595722036298.png

Cripps breaks from the Carlton huddle.

Cripps: Polec? LOL, how easy is this?

1595722202916.png

20 seconds later

Cripps: HEY, YOU'RE NOT POLEC!

1595722289353.png

12 seconds later.

Jed: No, I'm not................campaigner.

1595722537249.png

I love him. He plays. Every week.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Swallow's kicking in the last two or three years was truly atrocious but then again so is Jed's. Swallow was a clearance beast with great hands.
Jed's kicking drives me spare and I don't understand why they ever set up at stoppage with Jed as the likely player to hit the forward 50 entry if we win the clearance.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jed is a wrecking ball and the only mid we have who can chase down a fast break coming out of the centre. He’s a good player with this elite attribute. Because we don’t have anyone else to do this, he becomes inmensley important to halting a few breaks that would other turn into unhindered forward fifty entries.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we can't have Cunnington.
Having Jed, Hall and LDU
or Jed, Simpkin, Hall in centre is going to be a good dynamic to watch

Back