Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Jed made Cripps disappear after quartertime.
Very funny when Cripps thought he’d man up to Jed but then s**t himself.
Jed just needs to play within himself when he has ball in hand. No chip kicks into the corridor- just handball or go long.
We’re a more harden team with him in the side

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Made a huge difference yesterday

We missed his grunt in the middle. Need more players like him

ummmm that's where we fall into the trap of the old school, anderson is just enough with his grunt, we need to complement him with attack on ball, run, carry, dash, spread.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we can't have Cunnington.
Having Jed, Hall and LDU
or Jed, Simpkin, Hall in centre is going to be a good dynamic to watch

Glad to hear Hall is being brought up as options for the center 3, its becoming more evident that with players like Hall, they excel when you put them in positions where they have to perform. If you put them in a bullshit half assed position, they will play bullshit half assed game. Put them in critical positions where they have to take on the opposition, then he will attempt to endeavour to fulfill the job description.

Swallow's kicking in the last two or three years was truly atrocious but then again so is Jed's. Swallow was a clearance beast with great hands.
Jed's kicking drives me spare and I don't understand why they ever set up at stoppage with Jed as the likely player to hit the forward 50 entry if we win the clearance.

In the last twelve months I've seen him kick goals from fifty and hit Brown on the tit repeatedly when no one else would, as well as pinpoint passes around do the ground and into the corridor when we needed them. The only thing I'd say his kicking lacked was penetration and distance, and sometime speed on those short passes. All of which fit with his hammy history. But he'd rarely take those kicks on too.

His kicking lately has been very poor but I reckon only since the Ziebullshitartiste started banging on about it. To me it's unrecognisable. It's obviously tZ's fault. Jacques Vallee used to bang on about the Associative Universe, this is obviously proof of his theory.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In the last twelve months I've seen him kick goals from fifty and hit Brown on the tit repeatedly when no one else would, as well as pinpoint passes around do the ground and into the corridor when we needed them. The only thing I'd say his kicking lacked was penetration and distance, and sometime speed on those short passes. All of which fit with his hammy history. But he'd rarely take those kicks on too.

His kicking lately has been very poor but I reckon only since the Ziebullshitartiste started banging on about it. To me it's unrecognisable. It's obviously tZ's fault. Jacques Vallee used to bang on about the Associative Universe, this is obviously proof of his theory.

I honestly thought Jed's kicking was better yesterday than it was prior to his injury. Players also had zero issue passing it to him as they streamed towards the 50.

I want to see some behind the goals videos of defenders blocking forwards leads. Why don’t Chanel 7 air that?
Because it's boring footage (unless clarko mentions it in a presser). They aren't there to give us an indepth look at what's happening on the field, they're there to entertain us with repetitive uses of almost trademark phrases, loud shouting, '''banter''', and backhand complimenting eachother.

Last edited:

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Glad to hear Hall is being brought up as options for the center 3, its becoming more evident that with players like Hall, they excel when you put them in positions where they have to perform. If you put them in a bullshit half assed position, they will play bullshit half assed game. Put them in critical positions where they have to take on the opposition, then he will attempt to endeavour to fulfill the job description.
I was going to ask this in the hall thread but you've beaten me to asking the question sooner.
Is hall at his best when he just follows the ball? I feel like thats what he should do and what he has done well. Be involved in everything - if you have a few bad disposals, no biggie, but its like he is slowly breaking the game and more things are happening.
We just need him kicking to players that are able to work hard and get front position.
Both he and jy are good at getting the ball and finding away to come out, we just haven't got many who can help them use it once they've done all the hard work.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because that would give Lordo nothing to talk about

Man they highlight this particular piece of play just to stir up bullshit because they need to feed the beast. Nothing else. The media just need content for during the week. Stuff like that happens all over the ground. The Carlton pinup boy just got pantsed by someone and they will discuss the treatment he copped. It’ll give all their bullshit shows a little more content for the week.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was going to ask this in the hall thread but you've beaten me to asking the question sooner.
Is hall at his best when he just follows the ball? I feel like thats what he should do and what he has done well. Be involved in everything - if you have a few bad disposals, no biggie, but its like he is slowly breaking the game and more things are happening.
We just need him kicking to players that are able to work hard and get front position.
Both he and jy are good at getting the ball and finding away to come out, we just haven't got many who can help them use it once they've done all the hard work.

Yes yes yes, Hall needs to be in the thick of the action and the more he is involved the more confident he gets and that reinforces his skills. Hall is not the type of player who can follow a rigid set of routines to the letter, he needs to be 'unleased' and let things run their courses. As to the others, they will come along. Anderson, Hall and Simpkin are probably our best center 3 because Higgins hasn't been very effective so his best bet is half back or half forward to maximize his elite kicking skills. You then add mcdonald to the midfield mix as a tagger then we have really good role in that anderson does the grunt work and lead by aggression, hall with his line breaking speed and simpkin with his supreme lateral evasive skills in close and composure. Then you add Polec as the attacking flanker you have 5 decent midfielders. From here, we then need to address the forward pressure in that we need 2 key marking targets that could provide a contest and bring the ball to ground. Larkey and Walker if we can persist will be two powerhouse type forwards ala Kennedy and Darling (let's actually puts Brown in somewhat perilous position). From there a new key back needs to step up, ala Mackay, you see everything is starting to click. When Tarrant gets injured or dips, Durdin will need to step in to fill in the shoe. Of course when Daw gets back to full fitness then he has the potential to be the versatile everywhwere man ala Leigh Brown who became a game winner for collingwood under Malthouse.

Everything is proceeding as i have foreseen.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Man they highlight this particular piece of play just to stir up bullshit because they need to feed the beast. Nothing else. The media just need content for during the week. Stuff like that happens all over the ground. The Carlton pinup boy just got pantsed by someone and they will discuss the treatment he copped. It’ll give all their bullshit shows a little more content for the week.
Midfielders will also know that Jed's going to give them a hard time, and that's good for us, in a way.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
On the flip side the umps are going to watch more closely, which is fine as long as the same rules apply to everyone but they don’t.
I hope they actually watch the footage of the incident. (3.09 left in Q3, for anyone with mad skillz with the VCR.) Cos Jed's not holding him, and he literally just bumps into Bailey Scott, who has stopped and is watching the ball.

Nothing in it. At all.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope they actually watch the footage of the incident. (3.09 left in Q3, for anyone with mad skillz with the VCR.) Cos Jed's not holding him, and he literally just bumps into Bailey Scott, who has stopped and is watching the ball.

Nothing in it. At all.

That’s the best bit. Jed smashed him and they can’t except it so they’re clutching at anything.

Also, who shot the video? Looks pretty amateur. Are clubs going to start putting someone in the stands just filming to highlight an infringement? Could you imagine if North did that for Brown to highlight how much he gets scragged, blocked and held off the ball?

Honestly they’re a bunch of blouses

That's how I saw it too. Is the only explanation.
I tend to agree. It certainly motivated him.

Polec had the most disposals on ground. 25. 16 contested! That is Cunners like numbers. He also had six tackles. Jed and Higgo had seven each and Curnow had ten. Third highest tackles on the ground! 14 pressure acts, whatever they are. Not the sort of stats usually associated with Polec.

I also kind of hope Shaw put him on Cripps to see how a good inside mid plays.

Polec is late 20s, settled on the wing, one of the best in the comp at it. That's where he is at and everyone accepts he is an outside player. I'd love it if Shaw was trying to turn him into an inside/outside type player. To develop his game to another level even if he is on the last stretch of his career. That would be great coaching.

Higgo is an inside/outside player. I can certainly see the potential for Polec to follow that path and make himself even more valuable.

Apr 16, 2007
Warragul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Anderson is the worst kick on our list and always has been!

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Rhyce unleashing Jed onto Cripps.
11e653674f7dc7d8a9c2bd3131d425fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anderson is the worst kick on our list and always has been!
Agreed. Everyone hits the odd one lace out every now and then. His disposal is absolutely dreadful which is offset by his other contributing attritibutes. But let's stop blowing smoke, his disposal is some of the worst in the comp, which in isolation you can deal with. But exacerbated by the fact we have a couple others not much better.

Back